The method of a T-shaped antenna loading T-shaped slots for multiple band operation is presented in this paper. Inspired by the fractal antenna, the proposed method is intended to be used for designing multiple band antennas. Through loading T-shaped slots in the terminals of a T-shaped antenna, dual or triple operating bands can be achieved. In order to validate the feasibility of this method, this type of antenna is designed and simulated. The antennas are respectively fed by two different feeding transmission lines (microstrip transmission line and coplanar waveguide (CPW) transmission line) for the purpose of identifying the method that can be commonly used. The parametric analysis in detail has been given to explain the effects of the key parameter variations. For WLAN and WiMAX applications, the antennas are fabricated and measured. Both simulated and measured results are presented to demonstrate the feasibility of these designs.
2. Hu, W., Y.-Z. Yin, X. Yang, and P. Fei, "Compact multiresonator-loaded planar antenna for multiband operation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 5, 2838-2841, 2013.
3. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, H. Zhao, Z. Zhang, Z.-B. Weng, and F.-S. Zhang, "Compact printed monopole antenna for multiband WLAN applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 2, 365-367, 2008.
4. Peng, L., C.-L. Ruan, and X.-H. Wu, "Design and operation of dual/triple-band asymmetric M-shaped microstrip patch antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 1069-1072, 2010.
5. Liu, W.-C., W.-R. Chen, and C.-M. Wu, "Printed double S-shaped monopole antenna for wideband and multiband operation of wireless communications," IEE Proceedings Microwaves Antennas and Propag., Vol. 151, No. 6, 473-476, 2004.
6. Liu, W.-C. and C.-F. Hsu, "Dual-band CPW-fed Y-shaped monopole antenna for PCS/WLAN application," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 7, 390-391, 2005.
7. Deng, C.-P., X.-Y. Liu, Z.-K. Zhang, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A miniascape-like triple-band monopole antenna for WBAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1330-1333, 2012.
8. Bayatmaku, N., P. Lotfi, M. Azarmanesh, and S. Soltani, "Design of simple multiband patch antenna for mobile communication applications using new E-shape fractal," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 873-875, 2011.
9. Werner, D. H. and S. Ganguly, "An overview of fractal antenna engineering research," IEEE Antennas and Propag. Mag., Vol. 45, No. 1, 38-57, 2003.
10. Gianvittorio, J. P. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Fractal antennas: A novel antenna miniaturization technique, and applications," IEEE Antennas and Propag. Mag., Vol. 44, No. 1, 20-36, 2002.
11. Werner, D. H., R. L. Haupt, and P. L. Werner, "Fractal antenna engineering: The theory and design of fractal antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas and Propag. Mag., Vol. 41, No. 5, 37-58, 2002.
12. Zhao, G., F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Z.-B.Weng, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5 GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007.
13. Sze, J.-Y., T.-H. Hu, and T.-J. Chen, "Compact dual-band annular-ring slot antenna with meandered grounded strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 299-308, 2009.
14. Wu, Y.-J., B.-H. Sun, J.-F. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Triple-band omni-directional antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 477-484, 2007.
15. Mahatthanajatuphat, C., S. Saleekaw, P. Akkaraekthalin, and M. Krairiksh, "A rhombic patch monopole antenna with modi¯ed Minkowski fractal geometry for UMTS, WLAN, and mobile WiMAX application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 89, 57-74, 2009.
16. Mahatthanajatuphat, C., P. Akkaraekthalin, S. Saleekaw, and M. Krairiksh, "A bidirectional multiband antenna with modified fractal slot fed by CPW," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 59-72, 2009.
17. Jalil, M. E. B., M. K. A. Rahim, N. A. Samsuri, N. A. Murad, H. A. Majid, K. Kamardin, and M. A. Abdullah, "Fractal Koch multiband textile antenna performance with bending, wet conditions and on the human body," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 140, 633-652, 2013.