Electromagnetic shielding (EMS) fabrics often need to design rectangular holes for application. However, there is not a mature approach to predict the shielding effectiveness (SE) of the EMS fabric with rectangular hole. This paper proposes that there are a number of loose regions of conductive fibers on the hole edge of the EMS fabric, and establishes a SE prediction model of the EMS fabric with rectangular hole. Firstly, the loose region of conductive fiber is analyzed to build a model of the rectangular hole. Secondly, the SE prediction model of the EMS fabric with rectangular hole is deduced according to the transmission coefficient of the normal region, hole region and loose region, and the determining method of the loose region is given. Finally, the prediction model is verified by experiments. The results show that the model can successfully predict the SE of the EMS fabric with the plain, twill and satin weaves, and the factors such as frequency, fabric density and metal fiber content have little influence on the model. The proposed model can provide a valuable reference for the rational design of the rectangular hole of the EMS fabric.
2. Ortlek, H. G., O. G. Saracoglu, O. Saritas, and S. Bilgin, "Electromagnetic shielding characteristics of woven fabrics made of hybrid yarns containing metal wire," Fibers and Polymers, Vol. 13, 63-67, 2012.
3. Liu, Z. and X. C. Wang, "Influence of fabric weave type on the effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding woven fabric," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 14-15, 1848-1856, 2012.
4. Rajendrakumar, K. and G. Thilagavathi, "Electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of copper/PET composite yarn fabrics," Indian Journal of Fibre & Textile Research,, Vol. 37, 133-137, 2012.
5. Wang, X. C. and Z. Liu, "Influence of fabric density on shielding effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding fabric," Przeglad Elektrotechniczny, Vol. 88, No. 11a, 236-238, 2012.
6. Liu, Z. and X. C. Wang, "Relation between shielding effectiveness and tightness of electromagnetic shielding fabric," Jounal of Industrial Textiles, Vol. 43, No. 2, 302-316, 2013.
7. Mendez, H. A., "Shielding theory of enclosed with apertures," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 20, No. 2, 296-305, 1978.
8. Robinson, M. P. and T. M. Benson, "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 40, No. 8, 240-248, 1998.
9. Chen, J. and A. Zhang, "A subgridding scheme based on the FDTD method and HIE-FDTD method," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, 1-7, 2011.
10. Rodolfo, A. and G. Lovat, "Analysis of the shielding effectiveness of metallic enclosures excited by internal sources through an efficient method of moment approach," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 25, No. 7, 600-611, 2010.
11. Kraft, C. H., "Modeling leakage through finite apertures with TLM," IEEE International ymposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 73-76, Chicago, CA, Aug. 1994.
12. Qian, Z. and Z. J. Chen, Electromagnetic Compatibility Design and Interference Suppression Technology, Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou, 2000.
13. Liu, Z., X. C. Wang, and Z. Zhou, "Automatic recognition of metal fiber per unit area for electromagnetic shielding fabric based on computer image analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 37, 101-111, 2013.
14. Wang, X. C. and X. J. Li, "Recognition of fabric density with quadratic local extremum," International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, Vol. 24, No. 5, 328-338, 2012.
15. Wang, X. C., Z. Liu, and Z. Zhou, "Virtual metal model for fast computation of shielding effectiveness of blended electromagnetic interference shielding fabric," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol. 44, No. 1, 87-97, 2014.
16. Wang, X. C. and Z. Liu, "A new computation of shielding effectiveness of electromagnetic radiation shielding fabric," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 33, 177-186, 2012.