A wideband dual-polarized crossed-dipole antenna with parasitical crossed-strip for base-station applications is presented. By using a pair of orthogonal crossed-dipoles, two linear polarizations (+45°) are obtained. A parasitical crossed-strip is introduced to improve the impendence bandwidth and enhance the isolation (S12) between the two orthogonal polarizations of the upper band. The antenna shows a wideband impedance characteristic about 34.9% for S11≤-10 dB (+45° polarization) and S22≤-10 dB (-45° polarization). High isolation (S12≤-32 dB) between the two polarizations in the required band are obtained. The stable peak gain, unidirectional radiation patterns and low cross-polarization over the whole operating band are also achieved. Due to its good performance, simple fabrication technique and low cost, the antenna is very suitable for potential base station applications in mobile communication such as DCS, PCS and UMTS.
2. Gao, S. C., L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "Dual-polarized slot-coupled planar antenna with wide bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 441-448, Mar. 2003.
3. Barba, M., "A high-isolation, wideband and dual-linear polarization patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 56, No. 5, 1472-1476, 2008.
4. Puente, C., J. Anguera, and C. Borja, "Dual-band dual-polarized antenna array,", US Patent US6937206 B2, 2005.
5. Lai, H. W. and K. M. Luk, "Wideband patch antenna with low cross-polarisation," Electron. Lett., Vol. 40, No. 3, 159-160, 2004.
6. Guo, Y.-X., K.-M. Luk, and K.-F. Lee, "Broadband dual polarization patch element for cellular-phone base stations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 50, No. 2, 251-253, 2002.
7. Jayasinghe, J. W., J. Anguera, and D. N. Uduwawala, "A simple design of multi band microstrip patch antennas robust to fabrication tolerances for GSM, UMTS, LTE, and Bluetooth applications by using genetic algorithm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 27, 255-269, 2012.
8. Huang, Y. H., Q. Wu, and Q. Z. Liu, "Broadband dual-polarised antenna with high isolation for wireless communication," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 14, 714-715, Jul. 2009.
9. Deng, J.-Y., Y.-Z. Yin, K. Song, H. Gao, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Broadband double-tuned element with low profile for base station antennas," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 3, 191-192.
10. Zhou, S.-G., P.-K. Tan, and T.-H. Chio, "Wideband dual-polarized antenna with high isolation and low cross polarization," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1032-1035, 2012.
11. Gotti, M., R. Gabriel, and G. Klinger, "Dual polarized multi-range antenna,", US Patent US6333720 B1, 2001.