In this article, a novel simplified dual-composite right/left-handed transmission line (S-DCRLH-TL) is proposed according to the theory of dual-composite right/left-handed transmission line. The electromagnetic characteristics of S-D-CRLH-TL are analyzed by simulator, and the results indicate that the proposed structure has two narrow stopbands; they can be controlled by changing the geometry parameters of the structure. Then, a bandpass filter with dual notched bands is designed by using the unit cell of S-D-CRLH-TL, and the designed filter is simulated, fabricated and measured, the measured and simulated results are in good agreement with each other, showing that the two notched bands centered at 3.60 GHz and 5.50 GHz, and the bandwidths are 9.7% and 7.3%. This designed filter can avoid the interference to UWB communication system effectively, which comes from the signals of WiMAX and WLAN. Besides, in comparison with the other bandpass filter with notched bands, the designed filter has good electromagnetic performances.
2. Caloz, C. and H. V. Nguyen, "Novel broadband conventional and dual-composite right/left-handed (C/D-CRLH) metamaterials: Properties, implementation and double-band coupler application," Applied Physics A - Materials Science & Processing, Vol. 87, No. 2, 309-316, 2007.
3. Caloz, C., S. Abielmona, H. van Nguyen, and A. Rennings, "Dual composite right/left-handed (D-CRLH) leaky-wave antenna with low beam squinting and tunable group velocity," Physica Status Solidi (b), Vol. 244, No. 4, 1219-1226, 2007.
4. Tong, W., Z. Hu, H. Zhang, C. Caloz, and A. Rennings, "Study and realization of dual-composite right/left-handed coplanar waveguide metamaterial in MMIC technology," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 7, 731-736, 2008.
5. Hu, X., P. Zhang, and S. He, "A novel dual-band balun based on the dual structure of composite right/left handed transmission line," International Symposium on Biophotonics, Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, 16-18, 2006.
6. Gonzalez-Posadas, V., J. L. Jimenez-Martin, A. Parra-Cerrada,L. E. Garcia-Munoz, and D. Segovia-Vargas, "Dual-composite right-left-handed transmission lines for the design of compact diplexers," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 8, 982-990, 2010.
7. Shaman, H. and J. S. Hong, "Asymmetric parallel-coupled lines for notch implementation in UWB filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 7, 516-518, 2007.
8. Hao, Z.-C. and J.-S. Hong, "Compact UWB filter with double notch-bands using multilayer LCP technology," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters,, Vol. 19, No. 8, 500-502, 2009.
9. Kim, C. H. and K. Chang, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) ring resonator bandpass filter with a notched band," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 4, 206-208, 2011.
10. Sekar, V., K. Entesari, and , "Miniaturized UWB bandpass filters with notch using slow-wave CPW multiple-mode resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 2, 80-82, 2011.
11. Luo, X., J.-G. Ma, K. Ma, and K. S. Yeo, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with ultra narrow notched band," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 3, 145-147, 2010.
12. Li, K., D. Kurita, and T. Matsui, "UWB bandpass filters with multi notched bands," Proc. 36th EuMC, 591-594, Sep. 2006.
13. Song, K. and Q. Xue, "Compact ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters with multiple notched bands," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 8, 447-449, 2010.
14. Wei, F., Q. Y. Wu, X. W. Shi, and L. Chen, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notched bands based on SCRLH resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 1, 28-30, 2011.
15. Shaman, H. N., "New S-band bandpass filter (BPF) with wideband passband for wireless communication systems," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters,, Vol. 22, No. 5, 242-244, 2012.
16. Mao, S.-G., Y.-Z. Chueh, C.-H. Chen, and M.-C. Hsieh, "Compact ultra-wideband conductor-backed coplanar waveguide bandpass filter with a dual band-notched response," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 3, 149-151, 2009.