In this paper, 60 GHz millimeter-wave indoor propagation characteristics are simulated and analyzed using the method of SBR/IM (shooting and bounding ray tracing/ image). And the simulated and measured results agree well, so the correctness of the method has been validated. Some propagation parameters are obtained in the simulation, such as the indoor reception power distribution, distribution of phase angle of received power, root mean square (RMS) delay spread, direction of arrival, RMS angular spread, Doppler shift, etc. The analysis of the above results provides the foundation for the indoor coverage of millimeter-wave communication system.
2. Wang, Y.-Z., L.-J. Li, and K. Gong, "A study on millimeter-wave indoor propagation characteristics," Chinese Journal of Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 3, 89-93, 1999.
3. Smulders, P., "Exploiting the 60 GHz band for local wireless multimedia access: Prospects and future directions," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 40, No. 1, 140-147, 2002.
4. Yang, D.-C., Mobile Propagation Environment, 121-122, China, Machine Press, 2003.
5. Li, C.-F. and P.-N. Jiao, "Experimental verification of a ray tracing model at 5.8 GHz," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 21, No. 6, 621-924, 2006.
6. Tan, S. Y. and H. S. Tan, "A microcellular communications propagation model based on the uniform theory of diffraction and multiple image theory," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 10, 1317-1326, 1996.
7. Grubisic, S., "Ray-tracing propagation model using image theory with a new accurate approximation for transmitted rays through walls," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 42, No. 4, 835-838, 2006.
8. Sanchez, M. G., "Exhaustive ray tracing algorithm for microcellular propagation prediction models," Electronics Letters, Vol. 7, No. 32, 624-625, Mar. 1996.
9. Honcharenko, W., "Mechanisms governing UHF propagation on single floors in modern office buildings," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 41, 496-504, 1992.
10. Sato, H. S. and K. Otoi, "Electromagnetic wave propagation estimation by 3-D SBR method," Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications, ICEAA, 129-132, 2007.
11. Son, H. W. and N. H. Myung, "A deterministic ray tube method for microcellular wave propagation prediction model," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 47, No. 8, 1344-1350, 1999.
12. Chen, S. H. and S. K. Jeng, "SBR image approach for radio wave propagation in tunnels with and without traffic," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 45, 570-578, 1996.
13. Chen, S. H., "An SBR/image approach for radio wave propagation in indoor environments with metallic furniture," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 1, No. 45, 98-106, 1997.
14. Wu, Z.-Z., The Wireless Radio Propagation of Mobile Communication, 258-261, The Publishing Company of People Post and Telecommunications, 2002.
15. Liu, Y.-J., H. Chen, Y.-R. Zhang, and W. Cao, "Design of software predicting indoor microcell field strength," Journal of Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Vol. 27, No. 5, 1-5, 2007.
16. Kato, A., T. Manade, Y. Miura, K. Sato, and T. Ihara, "Measurements of millimeter wave indoor propagation and high-speed digital transmission characteristics at 60 GHz," The 8th IEEE International Symposium, Vol. 1, 149-154, 1997.