For the coaxial outer corrugated resonator, dispersion equations of TE and TM modes are derived by the surface impedance theory, and the first order transmission line equations with mode coupling coefficients are deduced by means of the transmission line and coupling wave theory. According to them, resonant frequency, diffractive quality factor and field profile of geometry of the eigen-mode about the coaxial outer corrugated resonator can be calculated. The effect of outer slot depth, tooth width as well as asymptotic angle of outer conductor and slope angle of inner conductor on resonant frequency and quality factor can be researched. Results show that changes of the outer slot depth and tooth width slightly affect the field frequency and quality factor and that the changes of the asymptotic angle of outer conductor and slope angle of inner conductor almost do not affect field frequency, but greatly affect quality factor.
2. Singh, K., P. K. Jain, and B. N. Basu, "Analysis of a corrugated coaxial waveguide resonator for mode rarefaction in a gyrotron," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 33, No. 3, 1024-1030, 2005.
3. Iatrou, C. T., "Mode selective properties of coaxial gyrotron resonators," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 24, No. 3, 596-605, 1996.
4. Iatrou, C. T., S. Kern, and A. B. Pavelyev, "Coaxial cavities with corrugated inner conductor for gyrotrons," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 44, No. 1, 56-64, 1996.
5. Dumbrajs, O. and G. I. Zaginaylov, "Ohmic losses in coaxial gyrotron cavities with corrugated insert," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 32, No. 3, 861-866, 2004.
6. Zaginaylov, G. I., N. N. Tkachuk, V. L. Shcherbinin, and K. Schuenemann, "Rigorous calculation of energy losses in cavity of ITER relevant coaxial gyrotron," Proc. of 35th EuMW, 1107-1110, 2005.
7. Zaginaylov, G. I. and I. V. Mitina, "Electromagnetic analysis of coaxial gyrotron cavity with the inner conductor having corrugations of an arbitrary shape," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 31, 339-356, 2011.
8. Ioannidis, Z. C., O. Dumbrajs, and I. G. Tigelis, "Linear and non-linear inserts for genuinely wide-band continuous frequency tunable coaxial gyrotron cavities," Int. J. Infrared Millimeter Waves, Vol. 29, No. 4, 416-423, 2008.
9. Piosczyk, B., et al., "Coaxial cavity gyrotron-recent experimental results," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 30, No. 3, 819-827, 2002.
10. Flyagin, V. A. and G. S. Nusinovich, "Gyrotron oscillators Proceedings of the IEEE,", Vol. 76, 644-656, Oct. 1988.
11. Felch, K., H. Huey, and H. Jory, "Gyrotrons for ECH applications," J. Fusion Energy, Vol. 9, 59-75, 1990.
12. Makowski, M., "ECRF systems for ITER," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 24, 1023-1032, 1996.
13. Thumm, M., "MW gyrotron development for fusion plasma applications," Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Vol. 45, No. 12A, 143-161, 2003.
14. Dammertz, G., et al., "High-power gyrotron development at Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe for fusion applications," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 34, No. 2, 173-186, 2006.
15. La Haye, R. J., et al., "Control of neoclassical tearing modes in DIII-D," Phys. Plasmas, Vol. 9, 2051, 2002.
16. Dammertz, G., E. Borie, C. T. Iatrou, M. Kuntze, B. Pioscyk, and M. K. Thumm, "140-GHz gyrotron with multimegawatt output power," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 28, No. 3, 561-566, 2000.
17. Borie, E. and O. Dumbrajs, "Calculation of eigenmodes of tapered gyrotron resonators," International Journal of Electron., Vol. 60, No. 2, 143-154, 1986.
18. Liu, R. and H. Li, "Study of eigenmodes of coaxial resonators using coupled-wave theory," J. Infrared Milli. Terahertz Waves, Vol. 31, 995-1003, 2010.