In this paper, a printed slot antenna fed by a co-planar waveguide for ultra wide bandwidth (UWB) with dual notch bands has been presented and discussed. The band notches are realized by etching one C-slot resonator inside a plaque shape exciting stub as well as symmetrically adding a pair of open-circuit stubs at the edge of the slot resulting in dual stop band filtering properties for WiMAX, WLAN application. Surface current distributions are used to analyze the effects of the slot and open circuit stub. The proposed antenna is fabricated and experimental results show that it has an impedance bandwidth of 2.6-14.34 GHz for VSWR ≤ 2, except dual frequency stop-bands of 3.3-3.7, 5.04-6.0 GHz. From the simulation results, it is observed that the radiation patterns are omnidirectional in the H-plane and dipole like nature in the E-plane. The gain varies from 3.7 dB to 5.7 dB over the whole UWB region excluding at notch bands.
2. Li, X., H.-L. Zheng, T. Quan, and Q. Chen, "A printed discone ultra-wideband antenna with dual-band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 27, 41-53, 2012.
3. Mehdipour, A., A. Parsa, A. R. Sebak, and C. W. Trueman, "Miniaturised coplanar waveguide-fed antenna and band-notched design for ultra-wideband applications," IET Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 6, 974-986, 2009.
4. Liao, X.-J., H.-C. Yang, N. Han, and Y. Li, "Aperture UWB antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," Electron Letters, Vol. 47, No. 2, 2011.
5. Elboushi, A., O. M. H. Ahmed, A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Study of elliptical slot UWB antennas with 5.0-5.6 GHz band-notched capability," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 16, 207-222, 2010.
6. Lui, W.-J., C.-H. Cheng, and H.-B. Zhu, "Improved frequency notched ultra-wide band slot antenna using square ring resonator," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 9, 2445-2449, 2007.
7. Gao, G.-P., Z.-L. Mei, and B.-N. Li, "Novel circular slot UWB antenna with dual band notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 15, 49-63, 2010.
8. Behdad, N. and K. Sarabandi, "A multiresonant single-element wideband slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, 5-8, Jan. 2004.
9. Sze, J. Y. and K. L. Wong, "Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line- fed printed wide-slot antenna," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, 1020-1024, Jul. 2001.
10. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Ultra-wideband coplanar waveguide- fed rectangular slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, No. 1, 227-229, 2004.
11. Sorbello, G., M. Pavone, and L. Russello, "Numerical and experimental study of a rectangular slot antenna for UWB communications," Microwave Optical Technol. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 4, 315-319, Aug. 2005.
12. Cheng, Y. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact ultra-wide band rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, Nov. 2006.
13. Chiou, J. Y., J. Y. Sze, and K. L. Wong, "A broad-band CPW-fed strip-loaded square slot antenna," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation,, Vol. 51, No. 4, 719-721, Apr. 2003.
14. Chen, H. D., "Broadband CPW-fed square slot antenna with a widened tuning stub," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation,, Vol. 51, No. 8, 1982-1986, Aug. 2003.
15. Marantis, L. and P. Brennan, "A CPW-fed bow-tie slot antenna with tuning stub," Proc. 2008 Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference, 389-393, Mar. 2008.
16. Eldek, A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Rectangular slot antenna with patch stub for ultra-wide band applications and phased array systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 227-237, 2005.
17. Chen, W. Q., et al., "Design and simulation of broad-band unidirectional CPW-fed rectangular slot antennas," IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, 632-635, 2007.
18. Kraisorn, S.-K., V. Vivek, and P. Akkaraekthalin, "A broadband CPW-fed equilateral hexagonal slot antenna," IEEE ICSIT Proceedings, 783-786, Sep. 2006.
19. Li, P. C., J. X. Liang, and X. D. Chen, "Study of printed elliptical/circular slot antennas for ultra wide band applications," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 6, Jun. 2006.
20. Habib, M. A., A. Bostani, A. Djaiz, M. Nedil, M. C. E. Yagoub, and T. A. Denidni, "Ultra wideband CPW-fed aperture antenna with WLAN band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 17-31, 2010.
21. Qu, S. W., C. Ruan, and B. Z. Wang, "Bandwidth enhancement of wide slot antenna fed by CPW and microstrip line," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, 15-17, 2006.
22. Moeikham, P., C. Mahatthanajatuphat, and P. Akkaraekthalin, "A compact ultra wideband monopole antenna with 5.5 GHz notch band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 26, 13-27, 2012.
23. Zhu, F., S.-C. S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J.-D. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wide band with dual notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-536, 2012.
24. William, J. and R. Nakkeeran, "An optimal design of compact CPW-fed slot antenna for broadband applications," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 4, No. 5, 302-308, 2009.
25. Su, S. W., K. L. Wong, and F. S. Chang, "Compact printed ultra wide band slot antenna with a band notched operation," Microwave Optical Technol. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 2, 128-130, 2005.
26. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
27. Zhou, H.-J., B.-H. Sun, Q.-Z. Liu, and J.-Y. Deng, "Implementation and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual band notched characteristics," Electron Letters, Vol. 44, No. 24, 2008.
28. Yan, Z.-M., Y.-S. Xu, and W. Wang, "Miniaturized ultra-wide band slot antenna with dual notch band notches and eliminating spurious stop band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 30, 119-130, 2012.
doi: --- Either ISSN or Journal title must be supplied.