Two SPDT switches that have low insertion loss with impedance-transformation networks are presented. The proposed SPDT switches are comprised of two shunt PINs and two quarter-wavelength microstrip lines together with impedance transformation networks, which canceled the capacitance effect at off-state and the inductance effect at on-state simultaneously. The simulated insertion loss performance is less than 0.3 dB and the fabricated ones exhibit on-state low insertion loss of 0.5 dB within the range of 4.6-4.8 GHz.
2. Afrang, S. and E. Abbaspour-Sani, "A low voltage mems structure for RF capacitive switches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 157-167, 2006.
3. Phudpong, P., N. Youngthanisara, M. Kitjaroen, P. Rattanawan, and S. Siwamogsatham, "A high-isolation low-insertion-loss filter-integrated PIN diode antenna switch," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC 2009, 1585-1588, Dec. 7-10, 2009.
4. Chao, S.-F., C.-C. Kuo, Z.-M. Tsai, K.-Y. Lin, and H. Wang, "40-GHz MMIC SPDT and multiple-port bandpass filter-integrated switches," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 12, 2691-2699, Dec. 2007.
5. Lee, J., R.-B. Lai, C.-C. Chen, C.-S. Lin, K.-Y. Lin, C.-C. Chiong, and H. Wang, "Low insertion-loss single-pole-double-throw reduced-size quarter-wavelength HEMT bandpass filter integrated switches," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3028-3038, Dec. 2008.
6. Kobayashi, K. W., L. Tran, A. K. Oki, and D. C. Streit, "A 50 MHz-30 GHz broadband co-planar waveguide SPDT PIN diode switch with 45-dB isolation," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 5, No. 2, 56-58, Feb. 1995.
7. Lin, K.-Y., Y.-J. Wang, D.-C. Niu, and H. Wang, "Millimeter-wave MMIC single-pole-double-throw passive HEMT switches using impedance-transformation networks," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 4, 1076-1085, Apr. 2003.