This paper investigates the performance of DCS1800/CD-MA-EVDO dual-mode dual-link (DM-DL) UE, and presents an effective solution which is based on our designed high isolation antenna for the UE local electromagnetic interference (EMI). To this end, a DCS1800/CDMA-EVDO DM-DL UE model is firstly brought out, together with its system model, interference analysis and performance evaluation. Simulated results show that the DCS1800 (CDMA-EVDO) local interference will cause a sharp deterioration of the CDMA-EVDO (DCS1800) receiving sensitivity. To solve this problem, then, a compact and high isolation double-band handset antenna is given with its structure designed and performance validated by measurement. On the basis of this antenna and existing UE bandpass filter, we introduce a solution called ``passive isolation" to eliminate the local interference. Finally, the performance of DCS1800/CDMA-EVDO DM-DL UE is researched again by our solution, simulated results indicate that the isolation effect is quite good and the DM-DL UE can work normally.
2. Lee, Y.-C. and J.-S. Sun, "Compact printed slot antennas for wireless dual- and multi-band operations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 289-305, 2008.
3. Si, , L.-M. and X. Lv, "CPW-FED multi-band omni-directional planar microstrip antenna using composite metamaterial resonators for wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 133-146, 2008.
4. Wang, C.-J. and S.-W. Chang, "Studies on dual-band multi-slot antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 293-306, 2008.
5. Li, J.-Y. and Y.-B. Gan, "Multi-band characteristic of open sleeve antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 135-148, 2006.
6. Weng, W.-C. and C.-L. Hung, "Design and optimization of a logo-type antenna for multiband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 159-174, 2012.
7. Liao, W.-J., S.-H. Chang, and L.-K. Li, "A compact planar multiband antenna for integrated mobile devices," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 1-16, 2010.
8. C.-W. , Chiu, C.-H. Chang, and Y.-J. Chi, "Multiband folded loop antenna for smart phones," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 213-226, 2010.
9. Mahatthanajatuphat, C., P. Akkaraekthalin, S. Saleekaw, and M. Krairiksh, "A bidirectional multiband antenna with modified fractal slot FED by CPW," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 59-72, 2009.
10. Sze, J.-Y., T.-H. Hu, and T.-J. Chen, "Compact dual-band annular-ring slot antenna with meandered grounded strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 299-308, 2009.
11. Zhao, G., , F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Z.-B. Weng, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5 GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007.
12. Wong, K.-L. and S.-W. Su C.-L. Tang S.-H. Yeh, "Internal shorted patch antenna for a UMTS folder-type mobile phone," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 53, No. 10, 3391-3394, Oct. 2005.
13. Mahatthanajatuphat, C., S. Saleekaw, P. Akkaraekthalin, and M. Krairiksh, "A rhombic patch monopole antenna with modified minkowski fractal geometry for UMTS, WLAN, and mobile WiMAX application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 89, 57-74, 2009.
14. Secmen, M. and A. Hizal, "A dual-polarized wide-band patch antenna for indoor mobile communication applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 189-200, 2010.
15. Bhatti, R. A., Y. Soongyu, S.-O. Park, and , "Compact antenna array with port decoupling for LTE-standardized mobile phones," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 1430-1433, 2009.
16. Lizzi, L. and A. Massa, "Dual-band printed fractal monopole antenna for LTE applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 760-763, 2011.
17. Li, Z., W.-X. Zou, and B. Li, "Analysis on coexistence of ultra wideband with OFDM-based communication systems," IEEE Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 53, No. 3, 823-830, 2011.
18. Matti, H., H. Veikko, and T. Raffaello, "On the UWB system coexistence with GSM900, UMTS/WCDMA, and GPS," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 20, No. 9, 1712-1721, Dec. 2002.
19. Giuliano, R., G. Guidoni, and F. Mazzenga, "On the UWB coexistence with UMTS terminals," IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC), 3571-3575, Jun. 2004.
20. Tani, A. and R. Fantacci, "A low-complexity cyclostationary-based spectrum sensing for UWB and WiMAX coexistence with noise uncertainty," IEEE Trans. on Vehi. Tech., Vol. 59, No. 6, 2940-2950, Jul. 2010.
21. Sung , K.-W., L. Shi, and J. Zander, "Coexistence of LTE femtocells with GSM cellular network," IEEE Int. Conf. on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), 1556-1560, Sep. 2010.
22. Hung , N.-M., S.-D. Lin, J. Li, and S. Tatesh, "Coexistence studies for 3GPP LTE with other mobile systems," IEEE Communi. Mag., Vol. 47, No. 4, 60-65, Apr. 2009.
23. Wang, J., D.-C. Yang, R.-M. Zhu, and X. Zhang, "Interference analysis and coexistence studies between E-UTRA and UTRA systems," IEEE Int. Conf. on Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), 1-6, May 2010.
24. Chiasserini, C.-F. and R. R. Ramesh, "Coexistence mechanisms for interference mitigation in the 2.4-GHz ISM band," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Commun., Vol. 2, No. 5, 964-975, Sep. 2003.
25. Giorgetti , A. , M. Chiani, and M.-Z. Win, "The effect of narrowband interference on wideband wireless communication systems," IEEE Trans. on Commun., Vol. 53, No. 12, 2139-2149, Dec. 2005.
26., , http://www.epcos.com/.