A family of miniaturized substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) dual-mode filters with a series of cross-slot structures etched on the waveguide surface are investigated and presented. By introducing the series of cross-slot structures: pure cross-slot, T-shaped loaded cross-slot and H shaped loaded cross-slot in original dual-mode SIW filters, size reductions of 22.15%, 30.56% and 56.25% are achieved, respectively. Moreover, the proposed family of SIW dual-mode filters can produce two controllable transmission zeros. Compared with SIW dual-mode filters in references and original filter, proposed filters exhibit compact size while retain good performance of bandwidth and minimum insertion loss. To verify the presented design, three SIW dual-mode filters are fabricated on the standard printed circuit board process. The measured results are in good agreement with the simulation.
2. Hu, H., K. L. Wu, and R. J. Cameron, "A design technique for stepped circular waveguide dual-mode filters for broadband contiguous multiplexers," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1-4, 2011.
3. Wolff, I., "Microstrip bandpass filter using degenerate modes of a microstrip ring resonator ," Electronics Letters, Vol. 8, No. 12, 302-303, Jun. 1972.
4. Wei, C. L., B. F. Jia, Z. J. Zhu, and M. C. Tang, "Design of different selectivity dual-mode filters with E-shaped resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, 517-532, 2011.
5. Tu, W. H. and K. Chang, "Miniaturized dual-mode bandpass filter with harmonic control," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 12, 838-840, Dec. 2005.
6. Luo, S. and L. Zhu, "A dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using a single slot ring resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 23, 173-180, 2011.
7. Guan, X., B. Wang, X. Y. Wang, S. Wang, and H. Liu, "A novel dual-mode bandpass filter using stub-loaded defected ground open-loop resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 26, 31-37, 2011.
8. Kang, W., W. Hong, and J. Y. Zhou, "Performance improvement and size reduction of microstrip dual-mode bandpass filter," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 6, 421-422, Mar. 2008.
9. Zhu, L., P. M. Wecowski, and K. Wu, "New planar dual-mode filter using cross-slotted patch resonator for simultaneous size and loss reduction," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 5, 650-654, May 1999.
10. Tang, H. J. and W. Hong, "Substrate integrated waveguide dual mode filter with circular cavity," Joint 31st International Conference on Infrared Millimeter Waves and 14th International Conference on Teraherz Electronics, IRMM-THZ, 399, 2006.
11. Shen, W., X. W. Sun, W. Y. Yin, J. F. Mao, and Q. F. Wei, "A novel single-cavity dual mode substrate integrated waveguide filter with non-resonating node," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 6, 368-370, Jun. 2009.
12. Zhang, Z. G., Y. Fan, Y. J. Cheng, and Y. H. Zhang, "A compact multilayer dual-mode substrate integrated circular cavity (SICC) filter for X-band application ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 453-456, 2012.
13. Chang, C. Y. and W. C. Hsu, "Novel planar, square-shaped, dielectric-waveguide, single-, and dual-mode filter," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 11, 2527-2536, Nov. 2002.
14. Wu, L. S., X. L. Zhou, Q. F. Wei, and W. Y. Yin, "An extended doublet substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) bandpass filter with a complementary split ring resonator (CSRR) ," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 2, 777-779, Dec. 2009.
15. Li, R. Q., X. H. Tang, and F. Xiao, "Substrate integrated waveguide dual-mode filter using slot lines perturbation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 12, 845-846, Dec. 2010.