High-accuracy pulse repetition interval (PRI) estimation is meaningful for passive sensors to identify radar emitters. This paper considers the problem of estimating the PRIs of motionless radars in moving passive sensor systems. A modified method which based on observation calibration is proposed. This method can efficiently compensate the estimation bias induced by model mismatch, through calibrating the pulse time of arrival (TOA) measurements with emitter geolocation information. Performance analysis and simulation results show that our method can improve the PRI estimation accuracy significantly.
2. Jiang, T., S. S. Z. Qiao, and J. Huangfu, "Simulation and experimental evaluation of the radar signal performance of chaotic signals generated from a microwave Colpitts oscillator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 15-30, 2009.
3. Toribio, R. and J. Saillard, "Identification of radar targets in resonance zone: e-pulse techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 43, 39-58, 2003.
4. Ware, P. J. and J. B. Mcdowall, "The application of pulse analyzers in passive sensor systems," Proc. IEEE 28th European icrowave Conference, 560-565, 1998.
5. , , "New trends in ESM/ELINT airborne sensors," Proc. IEEE 28th European Microwave Conference, 552-559, 1998.
6. Li, G., H. Meang, X. Xia, and Y. Peng, "Range and velocity estimation of moving targets using multiple stepped-frequency pulse trains," Sensors, Vol. 8, 1343-1350, 2008.
7. Wiley, R. G., ELINT: The Interception and Analysis of Radar Signals, Artech House, Norwood, 2006.
8. Langley, L. E., "Specific emitter identification (SEI) and classical parameter fusion technology," Proc. IEEE WESCON, 28-30, 1993.
9. Fogel, E. and M. Gavish, "Parameter estimation of quasi-periodic sequences," Proc. Int. Conf. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process.(ICASSP), 2348-2351, 1988.
10. Sadler, B. M. and S. D. Casey, "On periodic pulse interval analysis with outliers and missing observations," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 46, 2990-3002, 1998.
11. Sidiropoulos, N. D., A. Swami, and B. M. Sadler, "Quasi-ML period estimation from incomplete timing data," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 53, 733, 2005.
12. Clarkson, I. V. L., "Approximate maximum-likelihood period estimation from sparse, noisy timing data," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 56, 1779-1787, 2008.
13. Mckilliam, R. and I. V. L. Clarkson, "Maximum-likelihood period estimation from sparse, noisy timing data," Proc. Internat. Conf. Acoust. Speech Signal Process., 3697-3700, 2008.
14. Cox, D. R. and P. A. W. Lewis, The Statistical Analysis of Series of Events, Chapman and Hall, London, 1966.
15. Schleher, D. C., Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1999.
16. Meyer, C. D., Matrix Analysis and Applied Linear Algebra, Cambridge University Press, 2001.