A printed discone antenna with dual-band notched characteristics is presented for ultra-wideband applications. The proposed antenna consists of a radiation patch which has an outline expressed by binomial function and a trapeziform ground plane. Dual band-stop performance is achieved by etching a pair of Z-shaped slots on the ground plane and protruding a pair of π-shaped strips in the elliptical slot cut in the radiation patch, respectively, which can reject potential interference with the 3.25-3.8 GHz and 5-6 GHz bands. Surface current distributions and input impedance of the antenna are given to analyze the effects of the two resonant structures. The characteristics of the notched bands can be controlled independently by tuning related parameters. Moreover, the performances of the antenna are validated along with simulated and measured results.
2. Lin, C.-C. and H.-R. Chuang, "A 3--12 GHz UWB planar triangular monopole antenna with ridged ground-plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 307-321, 2008.
3. Moosazadeh, M., , C. Ghobadi, and M. Dousti, , "Small monopole antenna with checkered-shaped patch for UWB application," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,, Vol. 9, 2010.
4. Sun, , J.-Q., X.-M. Zhang, Y.-B. Yang, R. Guan, and L. Jin, "Dual band-notched ultra-wideband planar monopole antenna with M- and W-slots ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,, Vol. 19, 1-8, , 2010..
5. Li, , C.-M. and L.-H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
6. Yazdi, , M. , N. Komjani, and , "A compact band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with parasitic elements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 24, 129-138, 2011.
7. Chen, , H., , Y. Ding, and D. S. Cai, , "A CPW-FED UWB antenna with WIMAX/WLAN band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 25, 163-173, 2011.
8. Ojaroudi, , M., , S. Yazdanifard, N. Ojaroudi, and R. A. Sadeghzadeh, "Band-notched small square-ring antenna with a pair of T-shaped strips protruded inside the square ring for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 2011.
9. Liang, , X.-L., S.-S. Zhong, and W. Wang, , "Elliptical planar monopole antenna with extremely wide bandwidth," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 8, 2006.
10. Li, , L., , S. Zhong, and M. Chen, , "Compact band-notched ultra deband antenna using defected ground structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, 286-289, 2009.
11. Ling, , C.-W., , W.-H. Lo, R.-H. Yan, and S.-J. Chung, , "Planar bi-nomial curved monopole antennas for ultrawideband communication," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,, Vol. 55, No. 9, , 2007..
12. Hong, , C.-Y., , C.-W. Ling, I.-Y. Tarn, and S.-J. Chung, , "Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,, Vol. 55, No. 12, 2007.