A compact symmetrical band-pass filter design using coupled microstrip line is presented in this paper. The microstrip line sections connected to the two input and output ports of the filter structure are printed over the Defected Ground Structure (DGS). The proposed symmetrical structure offers a simple and compact design and exhibits improved stop-band characteristics in comparison to the conventional coupled microstrip line filter structure. The prototype model of the proposed filter structure is developed and tested. The measured results are found to be in good agreement with the simulation results.
2. Ester, B. and K. A. Merze, "Parallel couple line filters for inverted microstrip and suspended substrates MICs," 11th European Microwave Conference Digest, 164-167, 1981.
3. Park, J. S., J. S. Yun, and D. Ahn, "A design of the novel coupled-line bandpass filter using defected ground structure with wide stopband performance," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, 2037-2043, 2002.
4. Mollah, M. N., N. C. Karmakar, and J. S. Fu, "Uniform circular photonic bandgap structures (PBGSs) for harmonic suppression of a bandpass fier," International Journal of Electronics & Communication, Vol. 62, 717-724, 2008.
5. Kuo, J. T. and H. P. Lin, "Dual-band bandpass filter with improved performance in extended upper rejection band," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 57, 824-829, 2009.
6. Wu, C. H., C. H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Stopband-extended balanced bandpass filter using coupled stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, 507-509, 2007.
7. Ye, C.-S., Y.-K. Su, M.-H. Weng, C.-Y. Hung, and R.-Y. Yang, "Design of the compact parallel-coupled lines wideband bandpass filters using image parameter method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 153-173, 2010.
8. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2001.
9. Mohra, A. S., "Coupled microstrip line bandpass filter with harmonic suppression using right-angle triangle grooves," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 2313-2318, 2009.
10. Garcia, J. G., F. Martin, F. Falcone, J. Bonache, I. Gil, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, M. Sorolla, and R. Marques, "Spurious passband suppression in microstrip coupled line band pass filters by means of split ring resonators," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, 416-418, 2004.
11. Chin, K. S., Y. C. Chiou, and J. T. Kuo, "New synthesis of parallel-coupled line bandpass filters with Chebyshev responses," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 56, 1516-01523, 2008.
12. Kung, C. Y., Y. C. Chen, C. F. Yang, and C. Y. Huang, "Triple-band parallel coupled microstrip bandpass filter with dual coupled length," Microwave Opt. Technol Lett., Vol. 51, 995-997, 2009.
13. Mattaei, G., L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance-matching Networks, and Coupling Structures, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1980.