We investigate experimentally and theoretically Ultra-Wideband (UWB) wireless transmission in different WPAN scenarios. Short-range UWB wireless link (wireless fire-wire) have been studied theoretically and experimentally. Different mutual positions and distances between the antennas have been investigated. It was found that the reactive antenna coupling might decrease power budget as much as 15 dB by an antenna separation of 5 mm.
2. Klemm, M. and G. Tröster, "Small patch antennas for UWB wireless body area network,", Electronics Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich), 2007.
3. Nielsen, J. O. and G. F. Pedersen, "In-network evaluation of body-carried mobile terminal performance," Proc. 12th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Vol. 1, D-109-D-113, Sep. 2001.
4. Nielsen, J. O., G. F. Pedersen, K. Olesen, and I. Z. Kovacs, "Statistic of measured body loss for mobile phones," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 9, 1351-1353, Sep. 2001.
5. Kotterman, W. A. Th., G. F. Pedersen, K. Olesen, and P. Eggers, "Cable-less measurement set up for wireless handheld terminals," Proc. 12th International Symposium On Personal in Door and Mobile Radio Communication (PIMRC), Vol. 1, B.112-B.116, Sep. 2001.
6. Alomainy, A., Y. Hao, C. G. Parini, and P. S. Hall, "Comparison between two different antennas for UWB on-body propagation," Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 4, 31-34, 2005.
7. Welch, T. B., R. L. Musselman, B. A. Emessiene, P. D. Gift, D. K. Choudhury, D. N. Cassadine, and S. M. Yano, "The effects of the human body on UWB signal propagation in an indoor environment ," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1778-1782, Dec. 2002.
8. Yarovoy, A. G. and A. V. Vorobyov, "Widening of operational frequency band of the loop antenna," IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband, 206-209, Zurich, Switzerland, 2005.
9. Bagga, S., A. V. Vorobyov, S. A. P. Haddad, A. G. Yarovoy, W. A. Serdijn, and J. R. Long, "Codesign of an impulse generator and miniaturized antennas for IR-UWB," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 4, 1656-1666, Apr. 2006.
10. Nikolskij, V. V., Electrodynamics and Waves Propagation, Moscow, Science, 1973 (in Russian).
11. Wheeler, H. A., "Fundamental limitation of small antennas," Proceeding of the IRE, Vol. 35, 1479-1484, 1947.
12. Wheeler, H. A., "The radiansphere around a small antenna," Proceeding of the IRE, Vol. 47, 1325-1331, 1959.
13. Vorobyov, A. V., A. G. Yarovoy, and L. P. Ligthart, "Influence of dielectric substrate size on UWB antenna performance," Antem'05 Conference, 140-141, San Malo, France, 2005.
14. Inanlou, F. and M. Ghovanloo, "Wideband near-field data transmission using pulse harmonic modulation," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, Vol. 58, No. 1, 186-195, 2011.
15. Yin, W. Y., G. H. Nan, and I. Wolff, "The near and far field distributions of a thin circular loop antenna in a radially multilayered biisotropic sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 21, 103-135, 1999.
16. Liu, X.-F., B.-Z. Wang, S.-Q. Xiao, and J. H. Deng, "Performance of impulse radio UWB communications based on time reversal technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 401-413, 2008.