In many cases, the study of DOA estimation techniques is developed based on ideal condition of signal sources and array sensor antennas. But, there are much more errors as a result of signal shadow effects from noise contribution and interference of installation environment in real system. In this paper, the DOA estimation algorithm using the de-noising pre-processing based on time-frequency conversion analysis was proposed, and the performance was analyzed. This is focused on the improvement of DOA estimation at a lower SNR and interference environment.
2. Michael, L. and L. L. Scharf, "A new subspace identification algorithm for high-resolution DOA estimation," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 10, 1832-1390, Oct. 2002.
3. Ray, R. and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT --- Estimation of signal parameter via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Trans. on Acoust. Speech Signal Process., Vol. 37, No. 7, 984-995, Jul. 1989.
4. Jaffer, A. G., Maximum likelihood direction finding of stochastic sources: A separable solution, Proc. ICASSP, 2893-2896, New York, USA, Apr. 1988.
5. Fallahi, R. and M. Roshandel, "Effect of mutual coupling and configuration of concentric circular array antenna on the signal to interference performance in CDMA systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 427-447, 2007.
6. Xue, Y., J. Wang, and Z. Liu, "Wavelet packets-based direction-of arrival estimation," Proc. ICASSP, II.505-II.508, May 2004.
7. Wang, B., Y. Wang, and H. Chen, "Spatial wavelet transform preprocessing for direction of arrival estimation," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 4, 672-675, 2002.
8. Sathish, R. and G. V. Anand, "Spatial wavelet packet denoising for improved DOA estimation," Proceedings of the 14th IEEE Signal Processing Society Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Process., 745-754, Oct. 2004.
9. Harabi, F., H. Changuel, and A. Gharsallah, "Direction of arrival estimation method using a 2-L shape arrays antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 145-160, 2007.
10. Barabell, A. J., Improving the resolution performance of the eigen-structure based direction finding algorithm, Proc. ICASSP, 336-339, Boston, MA, 1983.
11. Cadzow, J. A., Y. S. Kim, and D. C. Shiue, "General direction-of-arrival estimation: A signal subspace approach," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol. 25, 31-47, Jan. 1989.
12. Krim, H. and M. Viberg, "Two decades of array signal processing research," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 67-94, Jul. 1996.
13. Stoica, P. and A. Nehorai, "Performance comparison of subspace rotation and MUSIC methods for direction estimation," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 39, 446-453, Feb. 1991.
14. Friedlander, B., "A sensitive analysis of MUSIC algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Acoust., Vol. 38, 1743-1751, Oct. 1990.
15. ITU-R SM.1794, Wideband Instantaneous Bandwidth Spectrum Monitoring Systems, International Telecommunication Union, Jan. 2007.
16. Kim, S. T., J. S. Lim, and K. R. Cho, "Occupied bandwidth measurement of multi-FA CDMA signal at remote site," MW Journal, Vol. 51, No. 8, Aug. 2008.
17. Donoho, D. L., "De-noise by soft-thresholding," IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, Vol. 41, No. 3, 613-627, May 1995.
18. Chang, S. G., B. Yu, and M. Vetterli, "Adaptive wavelet thresholding for image denoising and compression," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol. 9, 1532-1546, Sep. 2000.
19. Rao, A. M. and D. L. Jones, "A denoising approach to multisensor signal estimation," IEEE Trans. on Signal Process., Vol. 48, 1225-1234, 2000.
20. Percival, D. B. and A. T. Walden, Wavelet Methods for Time Series Analysis, 206-450, Cambridge University, UK, 2000.
21. Anbarjafari, G. and H. Demirel, "Image super resolution based on interpolation of wavelet domain high frequency subbands and the spatial domain input image," ETRI Journal, Vol. 32, No. 3, 390-394, Jun. 2010.