A novel Ultra Wideband (UWB) antenna on double substrates crossing is presented in this paper. Based on conical antenna and microstrip patch UWB antenna, the proposed antenna is omni-directional, band-notched and easy to be fabricated. It operates from 2.6 GHz to 12 GHz with low Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR<2), excluding a notch-band of 5.8 GHz. Except for good performance of VSWR, the proposed antenna keeps its radiating beam at about θ = 45°in E-plane through the whole band. The UWB antenna is fed by a coaxial probe through a SMA connector. The length of the proposed monopole element above the ground is slightly less than λ/4 of the lowest frequency. The simulated and measured results of the VSWR, he gain and the radiation patterns for the proposed antennas are presented and discussed. Good agreement between simulated and measured results is demonstrated.
2. Danesfahani, R., L. Asadpor, and S. Soltani, "A small UWB CPW-fed monopole antenna with variable notched bandwidth," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8-9, 1067-1076, 2009.
3. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A modified microstrip-fed two-step tapered monopole antenna for UWB and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 137-148, 2007.
4. Li, X., L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, and Y.-J. Yang, "A novel tri-band-notched monopole antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 1, 139-147, 2008.
5. Wang, J. J., Y. Z. Yin, and X. W. Dai, "A novel fractal triangular monopole antenna with notched and truncated ground for UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 10, 1313-1321, 2009.
6. Fan, F. and Z. Yan, "Dual stopbands ultra-wideband antenna with defected ground structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 7, 897-904, 2009.
7. Li, W.-T., X.-W. Shi, and W.-L. Li, "A novel spade-shaped ultrawideband antenna with dual band-notch characteristics," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 11-12, 1455-1465, 2009.
8. Alipour, A. and H. R. Hassani, "A novel omni-directional UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3854-3857, Dec. 2008.
9. Schantz, H. G., "A brief history of UWB antennas," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 19, 22, 2004.
10. Xia, D. Y., Z. Hou, F. Z. Geng, and Q. Y. Zhang, "A study of sphere-loaded and dielectric-covered mono-conical antenna for broadband application," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 921, 2006.
11. Ammann, M. J. and Z. N. Chen, "A wide-band shorted planar monopole with bevel," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, 901, Apr. 2003.