This paper presents a novel dual-band circularly polarized CPW-fed circular slot antenna with two open-ground rings. The proposed antenna is constructed with two opened-ground rings facing in opposite directions and embedded in the circular slot, and the enhanced feed strip of CPW. By way of adjusting the relevant parameters, we can obtain the dual-band at 1.57 GHz and 2.46 GHz respectively. A smaller frequency ratio of 1.56 is presented. The measured -10 dB return loss impedance bandwidth are 380 MHz (24.68%) for 1.57 GHz band and 210 MHz (8.33%) for 2.46 GHz band. The measured -3 dB axial ratio bandwidth for 1.57 GHz and 2.46 GHz bands are 13.38% and 8.13%, the polarization of radiation patterns are RHCP and LHCP for each band and the antenna gain are 3.72 and 3.21 dBic respectively.
2. Kim, T. H. and D. C. Park, "CPW-fed compact monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," Elect. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 6, 291-293, Mar. 2005.
3. Liu, W. C. and C. F. Hsu, "Dual-band CPW-fed Y-shaped monopole antenna for PCS/WLAN application," Elect. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 7, 390-391, Mar. 2005.
4. Chen, J. S., "Dual-frequency annular-ring slot antennas fed by CPW feed and microstrip line feed," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 1, 569-571, Jan. 2005.
5. Chang, D. C., B. H. Zeng, and C. Liu, "CPW-fed circular fractal slot antenna design for dual-band applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 12, 3630-3636, Dec. 2008.
6. Jou, C. F., J. W. Wu, and C. J. Wang, "Novel broadband monopole antennas with dual-band circular polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 1027-1034, Apr. 2009.
7. Chen, C. H. and E. K. N. Yung, "Dual-band dual-sense circularly-polarized CPW-fed slot antenna with two spiral slots loaded," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1829-1833, Jun. 2009.
8. Chen, C. H. and E. K. N. Yung, "Dual-band circularly-polarized CPW-fed slot antenna with a small frequency ratio and wide bandwidths ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1379-1384, Apr. 2011.
9. Sayem, A. T. M. and M. Ali, "A dual-band Hilbert slot antenna for GPS and Bluetooth application," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 4B, 44-47, 2005.
10. HFSS version 11.0, Ansoft Software Inc., 2007.