In this paper, a general design of an equal-split N-way power divider, similar to Bagley polygon power divider, but with an even number of output ports is proposed. A circularshaped 4-way divider is designed and simulated using two different full-wave simulators. Very good matching at the input port is achieved, and good transmission parameters are obtained. After that, the same circular-shaped divider is redrawn in a rectangular form to save more circuit area, and to align the four output ports together. For verification purposes, the 4-way rectangular-shaped Bagley power divider is simulated, fabricated and measured. Both simulation and measurement results prove the validity of the design.
2. Oraizi, H. and S. A. Ayati, "Optimum design of a modified 3-way bagley rectangular power divider," 2010 Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), 25-28, 2010.
3. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and M. Tahara, "Compact multi-way power dividers similar to the bagley polygon," 2007 IEEE/MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 419-422, 2007.
4. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and Y. Tomoda, A new type of multi-way microwave power divider based on bagley polygon power divider, Proc. of 2006 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2006.
5. Elles, D. and Y.-K. Yoon, "Compact dual band three way bagley polygon power divider using composite right/left handed (CRLH) transmission lines," 2009 IEEE/MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 485-488, 2009.
6. Gomez-Garcia, R. and M. Sanchez-Renedo, "Application of generalized bagley-polygon four-port power dividers to designing microwave dual-band bandpass planar filters," 2010 IEEE/MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 580-583, 2010.
7. Sakagami, I. and T. Wuren, "Compact multi-way power dividers for dual-band, wide-band and easy fabrication," 2009 IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Digest, 489-492, 2009.
8. Shamaileh, K., A. Qaroot, and N. Dib, "Non-uniform transmission line transformers and their application in the design of compact multi-band bagley power dividers with harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 269-284, 2011.
9. www.zeland.com, 2006.
10., HFSS: High Frequency Structure Simulation based on Finite Element Method, V. 10, Ansoft Corporation, www.ansoft.com.