In this paper, different topologies of dual-frequency modified 3-way Bagley polygon power dividers are designed and analyzed. Equal split power division is achieved at arbitrary design frequencies. In the first structure, two-section transmission line transformer is used to realize the dual-frequency operation. In the second and third structures, dual-frequency T-shaped and π-shaped matching networks are used. For the sake of simplicity, closed form design equations are presented for each matching network. To validate the design procedure, three examples are designed, simulated, and fabricated. The three matching networks are explored through these three examples. The design frequencies are chosen to be 0.5 GHz and 1 GHz.
2. Chongcheawchamnan, M., S. Patissang, and S. Srisathit, "Analysis and design of a three section transmission line-transformer," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 7, 2458-2462, Jul. 2005.
3. Jwaied, H., F. Muwanes, and N. Dib, "Analysis and design of quad-band four-section transmission line impedance transformer," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, 381-387, Nov. 2007.
4. Khodier, M., N. Dib, and J. Ababneh, "Design of multi-band multi-section transmission line transformer using particle swarm optimization," Electrical Engineering Journal (Archiv fur Elektrotechnik), Vol. 90, No. 4, 293-300, Apr. 2000.
5. Mohra, A. and M. Alkanhal, "Dual band Wilkinson power dividers using T-sections," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, 83-90, 2008.
6. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A compact Pi-structure dual band transformer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 121-134, 2008.
7. Feng, C., G. Zhao, X. Liu, and F. Zhang, "A novel dualfrequency unequal Wilkinson power divider," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, 1695-1699, Jun. 2008.
8. Chongcheawchamnan, M., S. Patissang, M. Krairiksh, and I. Robertson, "Tri-band Wilkinson power divider using a three-section transmission-line transformer," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Communications Letters, Vol. 16, No. 8, 452-454, Aug. 2006.
9. Jwaied, H., F Mawanes, and N. Dib, "Analysis and design of a quad-band Wilkinson power divider," Int. Journal on Wireless and Optical Communication, Vol. 4, No. 3, 305-312, 2007.
10. Dib, N. and M. Khodier, "Design and optimization of multiband Wilkinson power divider," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-aided Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, 14-20, Jan. 2008.
11. Qaroot, A. M., N. I. Dib, and A. A. Gheethan, "Design methodology of multi-frequency un-equal split Wilkinson power divider using transmission line transformers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 1-21, 2010.
12. Chin, K., K. Lin, Y. Wei, T. Tseng, and Y. Yang, "Compact dual-band branch-line and rat-race couplers with stepped-impedance-stub lines ," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, No. 5, May 2010.
13. Niu, J.-X. and X.-L. Zhou, "A novel dual-band branch line coupler based on strip-shaped complementary split ring resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 11, 2859-2862, Nov. 2007.
14. Cheng, K.-K. and F. Wong, "A novel approach to the design and implementation of dual-band compact planar 90 branch-line coupler," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, No. 11, 2458-2463, Nov. 2004.
15. Hayati, M. and M. Nosrati, "Loaded coupled transmission line approach of left handed (LH) structures and realization of a highly compact dual-band branchline coupler ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 10, 75-86, 2009.
16. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A new dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 4, 483-492, 2009.
17. Li, X., S.-X. Gong, L. Yang, and Y.-J. Yang, "A novel Wilkinson power divider for dual-band operation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 2-3, 395-404, 2009.
18. Li, Q., J.-G. Gong, C.-L. Li, X.-H. Wang, L. Xu, and X.-W. Shi, "A compact dual-frequency threeway unequal power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2-3, 383-390, 2010.
19. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, S. Li, C. Yu, and X. Liu, "Closed-form design method of an N-way dual-band Wilkinson hybrid power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 97-114, 2010.
20. Yang, T., C. Liu, L. Yan, and K. Huang, "A compact dual-band power divider using planar artificial transmission lines for GSM/DCS applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 185-191, 2009.
21. Wuren, T., K. Taniya, I. Sakagami, and M. Tahara, "Miniaturization of 3- and 5-way bagley polygon power dividers," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC) Proceedings, Vol. 4, Dec. 2005.
22. Oraizi, H. and S. A. Ayati, "Optimum design of a modified 3-way bagley rectangular power divider," 2010 Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), 25-28, 2010.
23. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and M. Tahara, "Compact multi-way power dividers similar to the bagley polygon," 2007 IEEE/MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 419-422, 2007.
24. Elles, D. and Y. K. Yoon, Compact dual band three way bagley polygon power divider using composite right/left handed (CRLH) transmission lines, 2009 IEEE/MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 485-488, 2009.
25. Gomez-Garcia, R. and M. Sanchez-Renedo, Application of generalized bagley-polygon four-port power dividers to designing microwave dual-band bandpass planar filters, 2010 IEEE/MTT-Int. Microwave Symposium, 580-583, 2010.
26. Ansoft Corporation, www.ansoft.com.
27. Zeland software, www.zeland.com.