In the present paper a dual frequency resonance antenna is achieved by introducing half U-shaped slot in semicircular disk. It is analysed by using circuit theory concept. The resonance frequency is found to be 1.50 GHz and 2.32 GHz, and the bandwidth of the proposed antenna for lower and upper resonance frequency is found to be 5.96% and 11.08% respectively. It is found that the resonance frequency depends inversely on the slot length and feed point, while it increases with increasing the slot width and coaxial probe feed radius. The frequency ratio is found to be 1.54. The theoretical results are compared with IE3D simulation as well as reported experimental results, and they are in good agreement.
2. Eldek, A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Square slot antenna for the dual and wideband wireless communications systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 12, 1571-1581, 2005.
3. Mishra, A., P. Singh, N. P. Yadav, J. A. Ansari, and B. R. Vishvakarama, "Compact shorted microstrip patch antenna for dualband operation," Progress In Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 9, 171-192, 2009.
4. Singh, A. K. and M. K. Meshram, "Shorting pin loaded dualband compact rectangular microstrip patch antenna," Int. Journal of Electronics, Vol. 94, 237-250, 2007.
5. Davison, S. E., S. A. Long, and W. F. Richards, "Dualband microstrip antenna with monolithic reactive loading," Electron. Lett., Vol. 21, 936-937, 1985.
6. Daniel, A. E. and G. Kumar, "Tunable dual and triple frequency stub-loaded rectangular microstrip antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2140-2143, Newport Beach, CA, 1995.
7. Ysai, S. N., H. H. Hsin, H. K. Dia, and K. T. Cheng, "Arcuate slot antenna assembly,", U.S. Patent No. 6373443, 2002.
8. Snowdon, R. A., "Slot antenna arrangement for portable personal computers,", U.S. Patent No. 5677698, 1997.
9. Axelrod, A., M. Kisliuk, and J. Maoz, "Broadband microstrip fed slot radiator," Microwave Journal, Vol. 81-84, 1989.
10. Akhavan, H. G. and D. M. Syahkal, "Study of coupled slots antennas fed by microstrip lines," The 10th Internationa Confrences on Antennas and Propagation, 1290-1292, 1999.
11. Wong, K. L. and W. H. Hsu, "Broadband trigular microstrip antenna with U- shaped slot," Electron Lett., Vol. 33, 2085-2087, 1997.
12. Luk, K. M., K. F. Lee, and W. L. Tam, "Circular U-slot patch with dielectric substrate," Electron. Lett., Vol. 33, 1000-1002, 1997.
13. Lee, K. F., K. M. Luk, K. F. Tong, S. M. Shum, T. Huynh, and R. Q. Lee, "Experimental and simulation studies of coaxially fed U-slot rectangular patch antenna," IEE Proc. Micro. Antennas Propag., Vol. 144, 354-358, 1997.
14. Chen, L. C., et al., "Resonant frequency of circular disk printed circuit antenna," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propag., Vol. 25, 595-596, 1997.
15. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, Boston, London, 2003.
16. Kumar, G. and K. P. Ray., Broadband Microstrip Antennas,, 74-79, Artech House, Boston, London, 2003.
17. Wolf, E. A., Antenna Analysis, Artech House, Narwood, USA, 1998.
18. Shivnarayan and B. R. Vishvakarma, "Analysis of inclined slot loaded patch for dualband operation," Microwave Opt. Technology Lett., Vol. 48, 2436-2441, 2006.
19. Zhang, X. X. and F. N. Yang, "Study of slit cut on microstrip antenna and its application," Microwave Opt. Technology Lett., Vol. 18, 297-300, 1998.
20. Bahal, I. J., Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuit, 456-459, Artech House, 2003.
21. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, 2 Ed., Wiley, New York, 1997.
22. Meshram, M. K. and B. R. Vishvakarma, "Gap-coupled microstrip array antenna for wideband operation," Int. Journal of Electronics, Vol. 88, 1161-1175, 2001.
23. Ray, K. P. and D. D. Krishna, "Compact dualband suspended semicircular microstrip antenna with half U-slot," Microwave Opt. Technology Lett., Vol. 48, 2021-2024, 2006.
24. Zeland software, Inc., IE3D simulation software, version 14.05 Zeland software, CA, 2008.