Performance of the sensing patch technique for measuring the power accepted at the antenna feed port of active patch antennas has been evaluated at harmonic frequencies. A prototype antenna, including two sensors at appropriate locations, was fabricated and tested at the fundamental and two harmonic frequencies to estimate the power accepted by the antenna, including determination of the sensor calibration factor.
2. Kim, H. and Y. J. Yoon, "Wideband design of the fully integrated transmitter front-end with high power-added efficiency," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 5, 916-924, May 2007.
3. Chou, G.-J. and C.-K. C. Tzuang, "Oscillator-type activeintegrated antenna: The leaky-mode approach," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 12, 2265-2272, December 1996.
4. Choi, D.-H. and S.-O. Park, "Active integrated antenna using T-shaped microstrip-line-fed slot antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 46, No. 6, 538-540, September 2005.
5. Cha, K., S. Kawasaki, and T. Itoh, "Transponder using self-oscillating mixer and active antenna," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Digest, 425-428, 1994.
6. Montiel, C. M., L. Fan, and K. Chang, "A novel active antenna with self-mixing and wideband varactor-tuning capabilities for communication and vehicle identification applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 12, Part 2, 2421-2430, 1996.
7. Bilotti, F., F. Urbani, and L. Vegni, "Design of an active integrated antenna for a PCMCIA card," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 253-270, 2006.
8. Yang, S., Q.-Z. Liu, J. Yuan, and S.-G. Zhou, "Fast and optimal design of a k-band transmit-receive active antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 9, 281-299, 2008.
9. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd Ed., 94-96, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2005.
10. Elkhazmi, E. A., N. J. McEwan, and N. T. Ali, "A power and e±ciency measurement technique for active patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 48, No. 5, 868-870, May 2000.
11. Abd-Alhameed, R. A., P. S. Excell, and E. Elkhazmi, "Design of integrated-oscillator active microstrip antenna for 2.45 GHz," XXVIIth General Assembly of URSI, Paper No. 1181, Maastricht, August 2002.