A novel method of using bypass coupling SICC resonator to generate transmission zeros in filter stopband to improve stopband attenuation is presented. A SIW quasi-elliptic function filter for Satellite Communication application with bypass coupling SICC resonator is designed and fabricated to validate the method. The results show that the method is effective on improving the filter stopband performance.
2. Morelli, M., I. Hunter, R. Parry, and V. Postoyalko, "Stopband stepped impedance resonators," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 7, 1654-1664, Jul. 2002.
3. Budimir, D., "Optimized E-plane bandpass filters with improved stopband performance ," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 45, No. 2, 212-219, Feb. 1997.
4. Chen, X.-P., K. Wu, and D. Drolet, "Substrate integrated waveguide filter with improved stopband performance for satellite ground terminal," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 3, Mar. 2009.
5. Dong, Y. D., W. Hong, and H. J. Tang, "Novel millimeter wave substrate integrated waveguide filter using TE301 mode cavities," Global Symposium on Millimeter Waves, 91-93, 2008.
6. Lenoir, P., S. Bila, F. Seyfert, D. Baillargeat, and S. Verdeyme, "Synthesis and design of asymmetrical dual-band bandpass filters based on equivalent network simplification ," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 7, 3090-3097, Jul. 2006.
7. Potelon, B., J. Favennec, and C. Quendo, "Design of a substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filter using a novel topology of coupling," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 9, 596-598, May 2009.
8. Chen, X.-P., et al., "Dual-band and triple-band substrate integrated waveguide filters with chebyshev and quasi-elliptic responses," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 12, Dec. 2007.
9. Pozar, D. M., "Microwave Engineering," Wiley, New York, 1998.
10. Mira, F., et al., "Design of ultra-wideband substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filters in zigzag topology," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 5, May 2009.
11. Tang, H. J., et al., "Optimal design of compact millimetre-wave SIW circular cavity filters," IEEE Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 19, Sep. 2005.