A fully fabric triangular shaped microstrip patch antenna is proposed for Wireless Broadband (WiBro) communication systems operating in the frequency range of 2.3 GHz to 2.4 GHz with 2.34 GHz as centre frequency. Three highly efficient and flexible antennas, built using three different conductive fabrics and an insulating polyester fabric are evaluated and results reported in this paper. To the best of authors' knowledge, this is the first attempt to utilize textile materials for the development of WiBro antennas.
2. Jung, J., H. Lee, and Y. Lim, "Modified helix chip antenna for WiBro and WLAN applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 11, May 22, 2008.
3. Tronquo, A., H. Rogier, C. Hertleer, and L. Van Langenhove, "Robust planar textile antenna for wireless body LANs operating in 2.45 GHz ISM band," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 3, February 2, 2006.
4. Sankaralingam, S. and B. Gupta, "Development of textile antennas for body wearable applications and investigations on their performance under bent conditions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 53-71, 2010.
5. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, 2001.
6. , , , IE3D Electromagnetic Simulator from Zeland Software Inc., USA, 2004, Release 10.12.