A novel complex structure of Printed Dielectric Resonator Monopole Antenna (PDRMA) with multi-bands operation is presented and investigated. In the proposed structure, a printed fork-like stepped monopole antenna is used for exciting two new modified hemi-cylindrical dielectric resonators with a great relative permittivity of 80. A narrow medium substrate with a low permittivity is also applied between two mentioned dielectric resonators and the monopole antenna, to improve the matching, especially at the lower frequencies. By using this novel designed antenna applying two dielectric resonators with very high permittivity, many frequency wide bands for VSWR < 2 are practically measured and supported which are as follows: 1.54--3.25 GHz (GPS, GSM, PCS, UMTS 2000, 2.4 GHz-Bluetooth, WLAN, WiMax), 3.3--3.6 GHz (WiMax), 3.8--4.4 GHz (C-band), 4.8--6.2 GHz (5.2, 5.5 & 5.8 GHz-WLAN & WiMax). Experimental and numerical results are carried out and discussed, showing good agreement.
2. Almpanis, G., C. Fumeaux, and R. Vahldieck, "Dual mode slot coupled cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, IEEE, 2511-2514, 2006.
3. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Wideband simple cylindrical dielectric resonator antennas," IEEE Microw and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 15, No. 4, 241-243, April 2005.
4. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Low profile wideband embedded dielectric resonator," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 1, 294-298, 2007.
5. Ain, M. F., S. I. S. Hassan, J. S. Mandeep, M. A. Othman, and B. M. Nawang, "2.5 GHz BATIO3 dielectric resonator antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 201-210, 2007.
6. Kumar, A. V. P., V. Hamsakutty, J. Yohannan, and K. T. Mathew, "Microstrip line-fed cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna with a coplanar parasitic strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 143-152, 2006.
7. Roy, A., S. Ghosh, and A. Chakrabart, "Time domain studies of ultra wideband dielectric loaded monopole trans-receive antenna system," PIERS Proceedings, 132-136, Hangzhou, China, March 24-28, 2008.
8. Lapierre, M., Y. M. M. Antar, A. Ittipiboon, and A. Petosa, "Ultra wideband monopole/dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 15, No. 1, 7-9, January 2005.
9. Niroo-Jazi, M. and T. A. Denidni, "Design and implementation of an ultrawideband hybrid skirt monopole dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 493-496, 2008.
10. Guha, D. and Y. M. M. Antar, "New half-hemispherical dielectric resonator antenna for broadband monopole-type radiation," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 54, No. 12, 3621-3628, December 2006.
11. Abdulla, P. and A. Chakrabarty, "Rectangular waveguide-fed hemispherical dielectric resonator antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 225-244, 2008.
12. Kishk, A. A. and A. W. Glisson, "Bandwidth enhancement for split cylindrical dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 33, 97-118, 2001.
13. Betzios, P. V., I. S. Karanasiou, and N. K. Uzunoglu, "Analysis of a dielectric resonator antenna by applying a combined semi-analytical method and simulation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1983-1994, 2007.
14. Tadjalii, A., A. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Resonance frequencies and far field patterns of elliptical dielectric resonator antenna: Analytical approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 81-98, 2006.
15. Li, Y., H. Yang, and C. Ruan, "A novel wideband dielectric resonator antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 11/12, 1499-1507, 2008.