In this paper, a miniaturized bandpass filter with controllable harmonic by using split impedance resonators is proposed. The proposed split impedance resonator is based on the theories of the basic parallel impedance formula and stepped impedance resonators (SIRs). In this way, the split impedance resonator can be effectively designed to obtain good coupling for reducing the insertion loss. Furthermore, a miniaturized bandpass filter with controllable spurious frequency is proposed. The proposed bandpass filter not only has good passband characteristics but also obtains miniaturization around 21.87% versus the traditional SIR bandpass filters.
2. Sagawa, M., M. Makimoto, and S. Yamashita, "Geometrical structures and fundamental characteristics of microwave stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 45, No. 7, 1078-1085, Jul., 1997.
3. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "End-coupled microstrip slow-wave resonator filter," Electronics Lett., Vol. 32, 1494-1496, Aug., 1994.
4. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Theory and experiment of novel microstrip slow-wave open-loop resonator filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 45, No. 12, Dec., 1997.
5. Lin, W.-J., C.-S. Chang, J.-Y. Li, D.-B. Lin, L.-S. Chen, and M.-P. Houng, "A new approach of dual-band filters by stepped impedance simplified cascaded quadruplet resonators with slot coupling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 9, 19-28, 2009.
6. Xue, W., C.-H. Liang, X.-W. Dai, and J.-W. Fan, "Design of miniature planar dual-band filter with 0゜ feed structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 493-499, 2007.
7. Zhang, J., J.-Z. Gu, B. Cui, and X. W. Sun, "Compact and harmonic suppression open-loop resonator bandpass filter with tri-section SIR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 93-100, 2007.
8. Hsu, C. H., H.-A. Ho and C.-I. G. Hsu, "Hybrid microstrip compact bandpass filter using high permittivity substrate," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 12, 59-67, 2009.
9. Chin, K.-S. and D.-J. Chen, "Novel microstrip bandpass filters using direct-coupled triangular stepped-impedance resonators for spurious suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 12, 11-20, 2009.
10. Molaei Garmjani, N. and N. Komjani, "Quasi-elliptic bandpass filter based on SIR with elimination of first spurious response," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 9, 89-100, 2009.
11. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filter for RF/Microwave Application, No. 10 and 11, Wiley, New York, 2001.
12. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., Wiley, New York, 1998.