In this paper, a novel circular slot UWB antenna with dual notched frequency band is presented and investigated. A C-shaped slot is inserted into the fed element, and a parasitic strip is printed in the circular slot, so that the proposed antenna achieves dual band-notched characteristics, respectively. The measured and simulated results show that the proposed antenna meets the requirement of wide working bandwidth of 3.1-10.6 GHz with VSWR < 2, while avoiding the interference with the 3.5 GHz WiMAX and 5.5 GHz WLAN band. Study of transfer function (amplitude of S21/group delay) and time domain characteristic (radiated pulses/power spectrum density (PSD)) correspond well with the VSWR, which indicate the dual band notched characteristic of the antenna.
2. Wu, Q., R. H. Jin, J. P. Geng, and M. Ding, "Printed omnidirectional UWB monopole antenna with very compact size," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, 896-899, 2008.
3. Chen, D. and C. H. Cheng, "A novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) wide slot antenna with via holes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 343-349, 2009.
4. Lee, J. N. and J. K. Park, "Compact UWB chip antenna design using the coupling concept," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 341-351, 2009.
5. Ahmadi, B., "A planar eye shaped antenna for ultra-wide band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 31-38, 2009.
6. Yang, X. S. and J. H. Dou, "Planar multi-trapezoidal ultra-wideband antenna and its parametric analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 12, 49-58, 2009.
7. Lin, R. J., Y. E. Ming, and X. Z. Lu, "A novel key-shaped cpwfed monopole UWB antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 4, 886-889, 2010.
8. Song, K., Y. Z. Yin, and L. Zhang, "A novel monopole antenna with a self-similar slot for wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 1, 95-97, 2010.
9. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 27-34, 2010.
10. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Novel modified UWB planar monopole antenna with variable frequency band-notch function," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 112-114, 2008.
11. Zhou, H. J., B. H. Sun, Q. Z. Liu, and J. Y. Deng, "Implementation and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual bandnotched characteristics," Electron Lett., Vol. 44, 1387-1388, 2008.
12. Zheng, Z. A. and Q. X. Chu, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 83-91, 2009.
13. Ahmed, O. M. H. and A. R. Sebak, "A novel maple-leaf shaped UWB antenna with a 5.0-6.0 GHz band-notch characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 39-49, 2009.
14. Zhang, M., X. Zhou, J. Guo, and W. Yin, "A novel ultrawideband planar antenna with dual band-notched performance," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 1, 90-92, 2010.
15. Li, L. X., S. S. Zhong, and M. H. Chen, "Compact band-notched ultra-wideband antenna using defected ground structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 2, 286-289, 2010.
16. Xi, J. M. and C. H. Liang, "CPW-fed trapezoidal antenna with dual band-notched characteristic for UWB application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 4, 898-900, 2010.