The Complete Complementary Sequence (CC-S) consists of several complementary orthogonal sequences and has optimal sidelobe level performance, which is satisfied with the requirement of the orthogonal Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) radar signals. Aimed at the difficulty of high sidelobe level in Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging processing in range dimension, an approach of depressing sidelobe level based on CC-S in MIMO SAR system was proposed. The transmitter model for orthogonal MIMO SAR system using CC-S and the corresponding matched filter (MF) were established in this paper. In addition, the MIMO SAR imaging results were simulated. The simulation results demonstrate that the performance of CC-S employed in orthogonal MIMO radar system is much better than that with traditional Linear Frequency Modulation (LFM) signal, by which the feasibility and validity of CC-S applied in orthogonal MIMO SAR system are justified.
2. Fishler, E., et al., "MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come," Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Radar, 71-78, 2004.
3. Yang, Y. and R. S. Blum, "Minimax robust MIMO radar waveform design," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 1, No. 1, 147-155, 2007.
4. De Maio, A. and M. Lops, "Design principles of MIMO radar detectors," IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 43, No. 3, 886-898, 2007.
5. Du, C., J. S. Thompson, and Y. Petillot, "Predicted detection performance of MIMO radar," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 15, 83-86, 2008.
6. Li, N., J. Tang, and Y. N. Peng, "Adaptive pulse compression of MIMO radar based on GSC," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 20, 2008.
7. Li, J. and P. Stoica, MIMO Radar Signal Processing, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2008.
8. Xu, L. Z. and J. Li, "Iterative generalized-likelihood ratio test for MIMO radar," IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 6, 2375-2385, 2007.
9. Li, J. and P. Stoica, "MIMO radar with collocated antennas," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 24, No. 5, 106-114, 2007.
10. Bekkerman, I. and J. Tabrikian, "Target detection and ocalization using MIMO radars and sonars," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 10, 3873-3883, 2006.
11. Xu, L. Z. and J. Li, "Adaptive techniques for MIMO radar," The 4th IEEE Workshop Sensor Array Multi-Channel Processin, 258-262, 2006.
12. Bekkerman, I. and J. Tabrikian, Spatially coded signal model for active arrays, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech, and Signal Processing, Proceedings (II), 209-212, 2004.
13. Zhao, G. H., B. X. Chen, and S. P. Zhu, "Direction synthesis in DOA estimation for monostatic multiple input output (MIMO) radar based on synthetic impulse and aperture radar (SIAR) and its performance analysis ," Science in China Series E: Technological Sciences, Vol. 51, No. 6, 656-673, 2008.
14. Jin, M., G. S. Liao, and J. Li, "Joint DOD and DOA estimation for bistatic MIMO radar," Signal Process, Vol. 89, 244-251, 2009.
15. Li, J., P. Stoica, L. Z. Xu, and W. Roberts, "On parameter identifiability of MIMO radar," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 14, No. 12, 968-971, 2007.
16. Tang, J., N. Li, Y. Wu, and Y. N. Peng, "On detection performance of MIMO radar: A relative entropy-based study," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2009.
17. Haimovich, A. M., R. S. Blum, and L. J. Cimini, "MIMO radar with widely separated antennas," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 1, 116-129, 2008.
18. Fishler, E., et al., "Spatial diversity in radars-models and detection performance," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, No. 3, 823-838, 2006.
19. Lehmann, N. H., et al., "Evaluation of transmit diversity in MIMO-radar direction finding," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 5, 2215-2225, 2007.
20. Deng, H., "Polyphase code design for orthogonal netted radar systems," IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, Vol. 52, No. 11, 3126-3135, 2004.
21. Yang, M. L., S. H. Zhang, B. X. Chen, and H. Y. Zhang, "A novel signal approach for the multi-carrier MIMO radar," Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 31, No. 1, 147-151, 2009.
22. Liu, B., C. L. Han, and J. H. Miao, "OFD-LFM signal design and performance analysis for MIMO radar," Journal of University of Electronics Science and Technology of China, Vol. 38, No. 1, 28-31, 2009.
23. Stoica, P., J. Li, and Y. Xie, "On probing signal design for MIMO radar," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 8, 4151-4161, 2007.
24. Duan, N. J., D. W. Wang, and X. Y. Ma, "Approach of wave-number domain imaging for the MIMO radar system with small-squint angle," Journal of Air Force Radar Academy, Vol. 22, No. 3, 169-172, 2008.
25. Wang, H. J., Y. Su, Y. T. Zhu, and H. B. Xu, "MIMO radar imaging based on spatial spectral-domain filling," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 36, No. 6, 1242-1246, 2009.
26. Li, J., X. Y. Zhang, and P. Stoica, "MIMO SAR imaging: Signal synthesis and receiver design," The 2th IEEE International Workshop on Imaging Computational Advance in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing , 89-92, 2007.
27. Sun, J. P., S. Y. Mao, G. H. Wang, and W. Hong, "Extended exact transfer function algorithm for bistatic SAR of translational invariant case," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 89-108, 2009.
28. Li, S. F., J. Chen, L. Q. Zhang, and Y. Q. Zhou, "Construction of quadri-phase complete complementary pairs applied in MIMO radar systems," The 9th International Conference on Signal Processing, 2298-2301, 2008.