A new method for evaluating the performance of the shield and coupling through holes on braided shields is introduced. The method is based on conducted immunity test. A comparison is made between two kinds of shields, based on introduced technique. One is braided shields and the other is adhesive foil that does not contain any holes. The value of coupling through holes in braided shields is determined via a new technique.
2. Vance, E. F., Coupling to Shielded Cables, Wiley, New York, 1978.
3. Sali, S., "A matched triaxial device for cable shielding measurements," Progress In Electromagnetic Researche, Vol. 45, 21-44, 2004.
4. Vance, E. F., "Shielding effectiveness of braided-wire shields," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 17, 71-77, 1975.
5. Hoeft, L. O. and J. S. Hofstra, "Measured electromagnetic shielding performance of commonly used cables and connectors," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 30, 260-275, 1988.
6. Paul, C. R., Applications of multiconductor transmission line theory to the prediction of cable coupling, Vol. VII, rediction of crosstalk involving braided-shield cables, Technical Report, Rome Air Development Center, Gri±ss AFB, NY, RADC-TR-76-101, Aug. 1980.
7. Martin, A. R. and M. Mendehall, "A fast accurate and sensitive method for measuring transfer impedance," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 26, No. 2, 66-70, 1984.
8., IEC Standard, "IEC 61000-4-6 electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) --- Parts 4--6: Testing and measurement techniques --- Immunity to conducted disturbances, induced by radiofrequency fields," 2008.
9. Javor, K., "On field-to-wire coupling versus conducted injection techniques," Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 16th DASC., AIAA/IEEE, 1997.
10. Hoeft, L. O., A simplified relationship between surface transfer impedance and mode stirred chamber shielding effectiveness of cables and connectors, EMC Europe 2002 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 441-446, Sorrento, Italy, Sept. 2002.