Broadband single carrier modulated signals experience severe multipath distortion scrambling & ISI when propagating through physical medium. Correcting the distortion with channel equalization is the foremost task of the detector. Prior information about the transmitted signals in the form of channel decoder feedback can significantly enhance equalization accuracy. An algorithm that iteratively performs channel decoding and equalization with prior information is generally denoted turbo-equalizer. Turbo-Equalizer uses prior information & the principle of interference cancellation by MMSE criterion. Here we have tested Adaptive Turbo Equalization with least Mean Square Algorithm (LMS) & modified normalized LMS algorithm & Turbo-Decoding with a Log-Map. Consequently the Mean Square Error analysis, Stability analysis and convergence analysis are provided and its shown if the system is sparse, then the system will converge faster for a given total asymptotic MSE, though the choice of initialization is important. Here all the Implementation concepts have been verified in MATLAB platform and evaluation of the proposal is presented. The measurement for the performance is displayed as bit error rates (BER) in comparison to SNR of the Channel.
2. Jordan, F. and K.-D. Kammeyer, "On the application of turbo equalizers in GSM compatible receivers," URSI International Symposium on Signals, Systems, and Electronics, 1998. ISSSE 98, 460-464, Sept. 29-Oct. 2, 1998.
3. Peacock, M. J. M. and I. B. Collings, "Mutual information analysis of turbo equalizers for fixed and fading channels," IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2003. ICC '03, Vol. 4, 2938-2942, May 11-15, 2003.
4. Trajkovic, V. and P. Rapajic, "Adaptive decision feedback turbo equalization and multiuser detection," 2004 IEEE Eighth International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications, 540-544, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004.
5. Vogelbruch, F., R. Zukunft, and S. Haar, "16-QAM turbo equalization based on minimum mean squared error linear equalization," Conference Record of the Thirty-Sixth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2002, Vol. 2, 1943-1947, Nov. 3-6, 2002.
6. Liu, Z., J. Wang, C. Zhao, J. Wang, and M. Jiang, "A novel turbo equalization for MIMO frequency selective fading channels," 2006 International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems Proceedings, Vol. 2, 1063-1067, June 25-28, 2006.
7. Park, J. and S. B. Gelfand, "Sparse MAP equalizers for turbo equalizations," IEEE 61st Vehicular Technology Conference, 2005, Vol. 2, 762-766, May 30-June 1, 2005.
8. Song, S., A. C. Singer, and K.-M. Sung, "Turbo equalization with an unknown channel," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2002. Proceedings. (ICASSP '02), Vol. 3, III-2805–III-2808, May 13-17, 2002.
9. Kim, J.-H. and Y.-H. You, "Pilot-free frequency tracking method for ultra-wideband receivers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 65-75, 2008.
10. Lee, Y.-D., D.-H. Park, and H.-K. Song, "Improved channel estimation and MAI-robust schemes for wireless of DMA system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 213-223, 2008.
11. Mishra, M. and S. Konar, "High bit rate dense dispersion managed optical communication systems with distributed amplification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 301-320, 2008.
12. Tripathi, R., R. Gangwar, and N. Singh, "Reduction of crosstalk in wavelength division multiplexed fiber optic communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 367-378, 2007.
13. Kamitsos, I. and N. K. Uzunoglu, "Improvement of transmission properties of multimode fibers using spread spectrum technique and a rake receiver approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 413-425, 2007.
14. Tarhuni, N. G., M. Elmusrati, and T. Korhonenn, "Multi-Class Optical-CDMA network using optical power control," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 279-292, 2006.
15. Kundu, A. and A. Chakrabarty, "Fractionally spaced constant modulus algorithm for wireless channel equalization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 237-248, 2008.
16. Usman, M., R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and P. S. Excell, "Design considerations of MIMO antennas for mobile phones," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 1, 121-125, 2008.
17. Wang, W., Y. Zhang, K. Zhou, and H. Zhang, "Research on asymmetric characteristics of mobile communications system based on electromagnetic radiation," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 8, 1298-1302, 2007.
18. Arnetz, B. B., T. Akerstedt, L. Hillert, A. Lowden, N. Kuster, and C. Wiholm, "The effects of 884MHz GSM wireless communication signals on self-reported symptom and sleep (EEG) — An experimental provocation study," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 1148-1150, 2007.
19. Wang, F., Y. Xiong, and X. Yang, "Approximate ML detection based on MMSE for MIMO systems," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 4, 475-480, 2007.
20. Zhao, J., J. Zhou, N. Xie, J. Zhai, and L. Zhang, "Error analysis and compensation algorithm for digital predistortion systems," PIERS Online, Vol. 2, No. 6, 702-705, 2006.
21. Abouda, A. A., H. M. El-Sallabi, L. Vuokko, and S. G. Haggman, "Spatial smoothing effect on kronecker MIMO channel model in urban microcells," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 681-696, Apr. 2007.
22. Li, H.-J., T.-Y. Liu, and J.-L. Leou, "Antenna measurements in the presence of multipath waves," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 30, 157-178, 2001.
23. Ohta, M., Y. Mitani, and H. Ogawa, "Multi-dimensional generalization in space and time domains for Middleton's study in stochastic evaluation of correlative many EM noise processes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 24, 97-118, 1999.
24. Wang, X., P. R. P. Hoole, and E. Gunawan, "An electromagnetic-time delay method for determining the positions and velocities of mobile stations in a GSM network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 23, 165-186, 1999.
25. Kundu, A. and A. Chakrabarty, "Frequency domain NLMS algorithm for enhanced jam resistant GPS receiver," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 69-78, 2008.
26. Khani, H. and P. Azmi, "Performance analysis of a high data rate UWB-DTR system in dense multipath channels," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 119-131, 2008.