A novel co-planar waveguide (CPW) ultra-wideband (UWB) aperture antenna is presented. The antenna consists of a rectangular aperture on a printed circuit board ground plane and a mushroom-shaped exciting stub. The mushroom-shaped stub is simple and has less parameter, which is convenient to analyze and optimize. The antenna has a compact aperture size 22 × 13mm2, fabricated on FR4 substrate with dielectric constant of 4.3, thickness of 1.5 mm. The antenna is successfully implemented and measured, which has 8.3 GHz match bandwidth (VSWR < 2), and stable radiation patterns.
2. Chen, H. D., "Broadband CPW-fed square slot antennas with a widened tuning stub," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, 1982-1986, Aug. 2003.
3. Consoli, F., F. Maimone, and S. Barbarino, "Study of a CPW-fed circular slot antenna for UWB communications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, 2272-2277, Nov. 2006.
4. Li, P. C., J. X. Liang, and X. D. Chen, "Ultra-wideband elliptical slot antenna fed by tapered microstrip line with U-shaped tuning stub," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 47, 140-143, Oct. 2005.
5. Li, P. C., J. X. Liang, and X. D. Chen, "Study of printed elliptical/circular slot antennas for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, 1670-1674, 2006.
6. Lin, Y. C. and K. J. Hung, "Compact ultrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, 3075-3081, Nov. 2006.
7. Saed, M. A., "Broadband CPW-fed planar slot antennas with various tuning stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006.
8. Jiao, J.-J., G. Zhao, F.-S. Zhang, H.-W. Yuan, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A broadband CPW-fed T-shape slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 237-242, 2007.