This paper presents a novel wideband bandpass filter making use of complementary split-ring resonator (CSRR) as the basic resonant unit. The resonant characteristic of CSRR is carefully studied through full wave analysis. The coupling of CSRR structure is very strong that can be used to realize wideband filter with small insertion loss. A filter with center frequency at 3.5 GHz, passband from 3.1 GHz to 3.8 GHz is designed and fabricated. The measured results are in good consistent with simulated results.
2. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Design fo highly selective microstrip bandpass filters with a single pair of attenuation poles at finite frequency," IEEE Trans. Microwaue Theory and Tech., Vol. 48, No. 7, 1098-1107, July 2000.
3. Fan, J.-W., C.-H. Liang, and X.-W. Dai, "Design of cross-coupled dual-band filter with equal-length split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 285-293, 2007.
4. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2001.
5. Zhu, L., H. Bu, and K. Wu, "Broadband and compact multipole microstrip bandpass filters using ground plane aperture technique," IEEE Proc. - Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 149, No. 1, 71-77, February 2002.
6. Azadegan, R. and K. Sarabandi, "Miniature high-Q double-spiral slotline resonator filters," IEEE Trans. Microwaue Theory and Tech., Vol. 52, No. 1, 1548-1557, May 2004.
7. Rahman, A., A. R. Ali, S. Amari, and A. S. Omar, "Compact bandpass filters using defected ground structure (DGS) coupled resonators ," IEEE Trans. MTT-S Int Dig., 1479-1482, 2005.
8. Mandal , M. K. and S. Sanyal, "Compact wideband bandpass filter," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon, Lett., Vol. 16, No. 1 , 46-49, January 2006.
9. Wu, B., B. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "Design of lowpass filter using a novel split-ring resonator defected ground structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letter, Vol. 49, No. 2, 288-291, Feb. 2007.
10. Wu, G.-L., W. Mu, X.-W. Dai, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel dual-band bandpass filter with microstrip meanderloop resonator and CSRR DGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008.
11. Zhang, J., B. Cui, S. Lin, and X.-W. Sun, "Sharp-rejection lowpass filter with controllable transmission zero using complementary split ring resonators (CSRRS)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 219-226, 2007.
12. Bonache, J., F. Martin, I. Gil, and J. Garcia-Garcia, "Novel microstrip filters based on complementary split rings resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwaue Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 265-271, Jan. 2006.
13. Bonache, J., F. Martin, I. Gil, J. Garcia-Garcia, R. Marques, and M. Sorolla, "Microstrip bandpass filters with wide bandwidth and compact dimensions," Microwave and Optical Technology Letter , Vol. 46, No. 4, 343-346, Aug. 2005.
14. Niu, J.-X., X.-L. Zhou, and L.-S.Wu, "Analysis and application of novel structures based on split ring resonators and coupled lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 153-162, 2007.
15. Zhang, X.-C., Z.-Y. Yu, and J. Xu, "Novel band-pass substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filter based on complementary split ring resonators (CSRRS)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 72, 39-46, 2007.