In this paper, using moment method in the spectral domain, full wave analysis of two orthogonal microstrip transmission lines in two layered PCB board is presented. First, using 1-dimensional spectral domain method, the propagation constants and the currents on each line are obtained, without considering of the other line. Then, using Galerkine's method in 2 dimensional spectral domain, the scattering parameters of the structure are calculated. The results of our analysis are compared by the quasi-TEM approach. Comparisons show good agreement between our results and quasi-TEM approach.
2. Hashemi-Nasab, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Coupling model for two orthogonal microstrip lines in two layer PCB board (Quasi-TEM approach) ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 153-163, 2006.
3. Fukuoto, Y., Q. Zhang, D. P. Neikirk, and T. Itoh, "Analysis of multilayer interconnection lines for a high-speed digital integrated circuit," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech , Vol. 33, No. 6, 1985.
4. Kennis, P. and L. Foucon, "Rigorous analysis of planar MIS transmission lines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 13, 1981.
5. Kitazawa, T., Y. Hayashi, and M. Suzuki, "A coplanar waveguide with thick metal coating," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 24, 604-608, 1976.
6. Kitazawa, T. and Y. Hayashi, "Quasistatic characteristics of a coplanar waveguide with thick metal coating," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. Microwaves Antennas Propagation, Vol. 133, No. 1, 18-20, 1986.
7. Itoh, T., Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeterwave Passive Structures, Wiley, New York, 1989.
8. Itoh, T., "Spectral domain immitance approach for dispersion characteristics of generalized printed transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 28, No. 7, 733-736, 1980.
9. Tran, A. M., B. Houshmand, and T. Itoh, "Analysis of electromagnetic coupling through a thick aperture in multilayer planar circuits using the extended spectral domain approach and finite difference time-domain method ," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 43, No. 9, 1995.
10. Wu, S. C., H. Y. Yang, N. G. Alexopoulos, and I. Wolf, "A rigorous dispersive characterization of microstrip cross and T junction," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 38, No. 12, 1990.
11. Horng, T. S., S. C. Wu, H. Y. Yang, and N. G. Alexopoulos, "A generalized method for distinguishing between radiation and surface-wave losses in microstrip discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 38, No. 12, 1990.
12. Churchill, R. J. and W. Brown, Complex Variables and Applications, McGraw-Hill Companies, 1989.