A closed form analytic solution is introduced for arbitrary Coupled Nonuniform Transmission Lines (CNTLs). First, the differential equations of CNTLs are written as a suitable matrix differential equation. Then, the matrix differential equation is solved to obtain the chain parameter matrix of CNTLs. Afterward, the voltage and current of lines are obtained at any point using the chain parameter matrix. The validation of the introduced solution is studied, finally.
2. Hayden, L. A. and V. K. Tripathi, "Nonuniform coupled microstrip transversal filters for analog signal processing ," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., 47-53, Jan. 1991.
3. Kobayashi, K., Y. Nemoto, and R. Sato, "Equivalent circuits of binomial form nonuniform coupled transmission lines ," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., 817-824, Aug. 1981.
4. Cheldavi, A., "Exact analysis of coupled nonuniform transmission lines with exponential power law characteristic impedance," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory and Tech., 197-199, Jan. 2001.
5. Cheldavi, A., "Analysis of coupled Hermite transmission lines," IEE Proc. Microw. Anten. and Prop., 279-284, Aug. 2003.
6. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled nonuniform transmission lines through analysis of uncoupled ones," Int. Symp. on Antennas and Prop. (ISAP'06), Singapore, Nov. 1-4, 2006.
7. Paul, C. R., "Analysis of multiconductor transmission lines,", John Wiley and Sons Inc, 1994.
8. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled or single nonuniform transmission lines using step-by-step numerical integration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 187-198, 2006.
9. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled nonuniform transmission lines using Taylor's series expansion," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., 594-600, Aug. 2006.
10. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of periodic and aperiodic coupled nonuniform transmission lines using the Fourier seriesexpansion ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 15-26, 2006.
11. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled or single nonuniform transmission lines using the equivalent sources method," IEEE Symp. Mic. Ant. Prop. EMC (MAPE 2007), Hangzhou, China, Aug. 14–17, 2007.