The adiabatic parameter dynamics of non-Kerr law optical solitons is obtained in this paper by the aid of soliton perturbation theory. The various kinds of perturbation terms that arise exhaustively in the context of optical solitons are considered in this paper. The new conserved quantity is also used to obtain the adiabatic dynamics of the soliton phase in all cases of non-Kerr laws studied in this paper. The non-Kerr law nonlinearities that are considered in this paper are power law, parabolic law as well as the dual-power law.
2. Akhmediev, N. N. and A. Ankiewicz, Solitons Nonlinear Pulses and Beams, Chapman and Hall, UK, 1997.
3. Akhmediev, N. N., A. Ankiewicz, and R. Grimshaw, "Hamiltonian-versus-energy diagrams in soliton theory," Physical Review E, Vol. 59, No. 5, 6088-6096, 1999.
4. Biswas, A. and S. Konar, Introduction to Non-Kerr Law Optical Solitons, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2006.
5. Biswas, A., "new conserved quantity for non-Kerr law optical solitons,", Submitted.
6. Chu, S. T. and S. K. Chaudhuri, "Finite-difference timedomain method for optical waveguide analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 11, 255-300, 1995.
7. Gangwar, G., S. P. Singh, and N. Singh, "Soliton based optical communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 157-166, 2007.
8. Ghafoori-Farad, H. and M. J. Moghimi, "Linear and nonlinear superimposed Bragg grating: A novel proposal for all optical multiwavelength filtering and switching ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 243-266, 2007.
9. Hasegawa, A. and F. D. Tappert, "Transmission of stationary nonlinear optical pulses in dispersive dielectric fibers I. Anomalous dispersion," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 23, 142-144, 1973.
10. Hasegawa, A. and F. D. Tappert, "Transmission of stationary nonlinear optical pulses in dispersive dielectric fibers II. Normal dispersion," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 23, 142-144, 1973.
11. Hasegawa, A. and Y. Kodama, Solitons in Optical Communications, Oxford University Press, UK, 1995.
12. Ikuno, H., S. Mori, and A. Yata, "Uniform asymptotic analysis of guided modes of graded-index optical fibers with even polynomial profile center cores," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 13, 169-241, 1996.
13. Jana, S. and S. Konar, "Stable and quasi-stable spatio-temporal solitons in cubic quintic nonlinear media," Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics and Materials, Vol. 13, No. 1, 25-36, 2004.
14. Jana, S. and S. Konar, "Tunable spectral switching in the far field with a chirped cosh-Gaussian pulse," Optics Communications, Vol. 267, No. 1, 24-31, 2006.
15. Jana, S. and S. Konar, "A new family of Thirring type optical spatial solitons via electromagnetically induced transparency," Physics Letters A, Vol. 362, 5-6, 435–438, 2007.
16. Jovanoski, Z. and D. R. Rowland, "Variational analysis of solitary waves in a homogenous cubic-quintic nonlinear medium," Journal of Modern Optics , Vol. 48, No. 7, 1179-1193, 2001.
17. Kath, W. L., "A modified conservation law for the phase of the nonlinear Schrodinger soliton," Methods and Applications of Analysis, Vol. 4, No. 2, 141-155, 1997.
18. Kivshar, Y. S. and B. A. Malomed, "Dynamics of solitons in nearly integrable systems," Rev. Mod. Phy., Vol. 61, 763-915, 1989.
19. Konar, S. and S. Jana, "Linear and nonlinear propagation of sinh-Gaussian pulses in dispersive media possessing Kerr nonlinearity," Optics Communications, Vol. 236, No. 1-3, 7-20, 2004.
20. Konar, S. and M. Mishra, "Effect of higher order nonlinearities on induced focussing and on the conversion of circular Gaussian laser beams into elliptic Gaussian laser beams," Journal of Optics A, Vol. 7, No. 10, 576-584, 2005.
21. Konar, S., S. Jana, and M. Mishra, "Induced focusing on all optical switching in cubic quintic nonlinear media," Optics Communications, Vol. 255, No. 1-3, 114-129, 2005.
22. Konar , S. and S. Jana, "Nonlinear propagation of a mixture of TEM00 and TEM01 modes of a laser beam in a cubic quintic medium," Physica Scripta, Vol. 71, No. 11, 198-203, 2005.
23. Konar, S., M. Mishra, and S. Jana, "Nonlinear evolution of cosh-Gaussian laser beams and generation of flat top spatial solitons in cubic quintic nonlinear media ," Physics Letters A, Vol. 362, No. 5-6, 505-510, 2007.
24. Kuila, P., A. Sinha, H. Bhowmik, and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Theoretical study of using an amplitude modulation scheme with an electro-optic modulator for generation of the proper power shape function of an optical soliton pulse in a nonlinear waveguide," Optical Engineering, Vol. 45, No. 4, 045002, 2006.
25. Kumar, D., P. K. Choudhury, and O. N. Singh-II, "Towards the dispersion relations for dielectric optical fibers with helical windings under slow- and fast-wave considerations — A comparitive analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 409-420, 2008.
26. Little, B. E. and W. P. Huang, "Coupled-modetheory for optical waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 10, 217-270, 1995.
27. Mandal, P . and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Method of conducting an alloptical NAND logic operation controlled from a long distance ," Optical Engineering, Vol. 46, No. 3, 035009, 2007.
28. Mishra, M. and S. Konar, "High bit rate dense dispersion managed optical communication systems with distributed amplification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 301-320, 2008.
29. Mollenauer, L. F. and J. P. Gordon, Solitons in Optical Fibers, Elsevier Academic Press, 2006.
30. Narayanasamy, G., "Bright and dark solitary wave solution for higher order cubic NLS equation with cubic and quintic effects ," International Journal on Wireless and Optical Communications , Vol. 3, No. 1, 119-126, 2006.
31. Panajotovic, A., D. Milovic, and A. Biswas, "Influence of even order dispersion on soliton transmission quality with coherent interference ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 63-72, 2008.
32. Pandey, P . C., A. Mishra, and S. P. Ojha, "Modal dispersion characterestics of a single mode dielectric waveguide with a guiding region cross-section bounded by two involuted spirals ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 1-13, 2007.
33. Rahman, B. M. A., "Finite element analysis of optical waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 10, 187-216, 1995 .
34. Rostami, A. and A. Andalib, "A principal investigation of the group velocity dispersion (GVD) profile for optimum dispersion compensation in optical fibers: A theoretical study," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 209-224, 2007.
35. Roy, S. and S. Bhadra, "Study of pulse evolution and optical bistability under the influence of cubic-quintic nonlinearity and third order dispersion," Journal of Nonlinear Optical Physics and Materials, Vol. 16, No. 1, 119-135, 2007.
36. Shahoei, H., H. Ghafoori-Fard, and A. Rostami, "A novel design methodology of multiclad singlemode optical fiber for broadband optical networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 253-275, 2008.
37. Sharma, A., "Collocation method for wave propagation through optical waveguiding structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 11, 143-198, 1995.
38. Shwetanshumala, S. Jana and S. Konar, "Propagation of a mixture of modes of a laser beam in a medium with saturable nonlinearity ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 65-77, 2006.
39. Singh , S. P. and N. Singh, "Nonlinear effects in optical fibers: Origin, management and applications ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 249-275, 2007.
40. Singh, S. P., R. Gangwar, and N. Singh, "Nonlinear scattering effects in optical fibers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 74, 379-405, 2007.
41. Stern, M. S. , "Finite difference analysis of planar optical waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 10, 123-186, 1995.
42. Singh, V., S. N. Maurya, B. Prasad, and S. P. Ojha, "Conducting sheath helical winding on the core-cladding interface of a lightguide having a Piet Hein super elliptical core cross-section and a standard optical fiber of circular cross-section — A comparitive modal analysis ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 59, 231-249, 2006.
43. Wabnitz, S., Y. Kodama, and A. B. Aceves, "Control of optical soliton interactions," Optical Fiber Technology, Vol. 1, 187-217, 1995.
44. Zakharov, V. E. and E. A. Kuznetsov, "Optical solitons and quasisolitons," Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics , Vol. 86, No. 5, 1035-1046, 1998.
45. Zhidkov, P. E., Korteweg-de Vries and Nonlinear Schrodinger Equations: Qualitative Theory, Springer Verlag, 2001.