In this paper, a built-in hybrid magnetic bearing (BHMB) with a permanent magnet (PM) motor is proposed to reduce the axial length of the system. The BHMB shares the same distributed hollow rotor with an external PM motor. The structure and principle of BHMB are illustrated. The mathematic model of BHMB is deduced to design parameters, and the influences of parameters are analyzed. To improve the performance indexes of BHMB, a multi-objective optimization method based on Taguchi method is proposed. The values of parameters of BHMB can be chosen according to the proportion of each parameter. Finally, the finite element analysis (FEA) and experiment are used to verify the correctness of BHMB.
2. Zhang, W., H. Yang, L. Cheng, and H. Zhu, "Modeling based on exact segmentation of magnetic field for a centripetal force type-magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 9, 7691-7701, 2020.
3. Bekinal, S. I. and M. Doddamani, "Optimum design methodology for axially polarized multi-ring radial and thrust permanent magnei bearings," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 88, No. 3, 197-215, 2020.
4. Debnath, S. and P. K. Biswas, "Design, analysis, and testing of I-type electromagnetic actuator used in single-coil active magnetic bearing," Electrical Engineering, Vol. 4, 2020.
5. Ye, X., Q. Le, and Z. Zhou, "A novel homopolar four degrees of freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 26, No. 8, 2020.
6. Zhong, Y., L. Wu, X. Huang, and Y. Fang, "Modeling and design of a 3-DOF magnetic bearing with toroidal radial control coils," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 7, 2019.
7. Yu, Y., W. Zhang, Y. Sun, and P. Xu, "Basic characteristics and design of a novel hybrid magnetic bearing for wind turbines," Energies, Vol. 9, No. 11, 2016.
8. Cui, P., Q. Wang, G. Zhang, and Q. Cao, "Hybrid fractional repetitive control for magnetically suspended rotor systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 4, 3491-3498, 2018.
9. Basaran, S., Sivrioglu, and Selim, "Novel repulsive magnetic bearing flywheel system with composite adaptive control," IET Electric Power Applications, 2019.
10. Zhou, J., S. Zheng, B. Han, and J. Fang, "Effects of notch filters on imbalance rejection with heteropolar and homopolar magnetic bearings in a 30-kW 60000-rpm motor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 10, 8033-8041, 2017.
11. Liu, T., H. Zhu, M. Wu, and W. Zhang, "Rotor displacement self-sensing method for six-pole radial hybrid magnetic bearing using mixed-kernel fuzzy support vector machine," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 30, No. 4, 2020.
12. Zhang, T., X. Ye, L. Mo, and X. Liu, "Modeling and performance analysis on the slice hybrid magnetic bearing with two radial air-gaps," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2019.
13. Wang, Z., T. Zhang, and S. Wu, "Suspension force analysis of four-pole hybrid magnetic bearing with large radial bearing capacity," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 56, No. 8, 2020.
14. Shrestha, G., H. Polinder, D. J. Bang, and J. A. Ferreira, "Structural flexibility: A solution for weight reduction of large direct-drive wind-turbine generators," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 25, No. 3, 732-740, 2010.
15. Zhou, Y. and Y. Sun, "Principles and implementation of a double-stator bearingless switched reluctance starter/generator," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 34, No. 36, 6458-6466, 2014.
16. Peng, W., Z. Xu, D. H. Lee, and J. W. Ahn, "Control of radial force in double stator type bearingless switched reluctance motor," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 8, No. 4, 766-772, 2013.
17. Xiang, Q. W., J. Li, Y. Yuan, and K. Chen, "Thermal modeling and analysis of hybrid excitation double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 98, 137-146, 2020.
18. Xiang, Q. W., L. Feng, Y. Yu, and K. Chen, "Thermal characteristics of hybrid excitation double stator bearingless switched reluctance motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 101, 105-118, 2020.
19. Liu, C., X. Cao, X. Li, X. Wang, and Z. Deng, "Current delta control for conical bearingless switched reluctance motors," 2018 13th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), 2075-2078, Wuhan, China, 2018.
20. Asama, J., D. Suzuki, T. Oiwa, and A. Chiba, "Development of a homo-polar bearingless motor with concentrated winding for high speed applications," 2018 International Power Electronics Conference (IPEC-Niigata 2018-ECCE Asia), 157-160, Niigata, Japan, 2018.
21. Higashi, H., K. Kiyota, K. Amei, and T. Ohji, "Proposal of an axial gap type single-drive bearingless reluctance motor," 2019 IEEE International Electric Machines & Drives Conference (IEMDC), 833-838, San Diego, CA, USA, 2019.
22. Budynas, R. and W. Young, "Roark’s formulas for stress and strain," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 43, No. 3, 624, 2001.
23. Zhang, H., B. Kou, Y. Jin, and H. Zhang, "Modeling and analysis of a new cylindrical magnetic levitation gravity compensator with low stiffness for the 6-DOF fine stage," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 6, 3629-3639, 2015.
24. Nayek, B., A. S. Das, and J. K. Dutt, "Estimation of inertial parameters of a rigid rotor having dynamic unbalance on active magnetic bearing," Advances in Rotor Dynamics, Control, and Structural Health Monitoring, 2020.
25. Nayek, B., A. S. Das, and J. K. Dutt, "Estimation of inertial parameters of a rigid rotor having dynamic unbalance on active magnetic bearing," Advances in Rotor Dynamics, Control, and Structural Health Monitoring, 2020.
26. He, J., G. Li, R. Zhou, and Q. Wang, "Optimization of permanent-magnet spherical motor based on Taguchi Method," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 56, No. 2, 2020.