This work aims at completing the Wiener-Hopf analysis of a canonical problem referring to an extra-ordinary transverse electromagnetic wave propagating within a parallel plane waveguide loaded with magnetized plasma when incident normally at the truncated edge of its upper conductor. The complicated mathematical issues faced herein comes from the non-symmetric Kernel functions involved in the related integral equation. This property puts two challenging issues, first the rarely occurring factorization of non-symmetric Kernels and secondly the handling of unidirectional surface and leaky waves. Although the formulation of the Wiener-Hopf equations was carried out in our previous work, these two challenges were not confronted, since that work has been completed only in regard to the closed-shielded geometry which involves a symmetric Kernel. Thus, the novel contribution of this work refers to completing the analysis of the open geometry by handling the factorization of the related non-symmetric Kernel, to evaluate the radiated field as well as to study the unidirectional waves for their near and far fields.
2. Chabries, D. M. and D. M. Bolle, "Impulse reflection with arbitrary angle of incidence and polarization from isotropic plasma slab," Radio Science, Vol. 6, No. 12, 1143-1149, 1971.
3. Bolle, D. M., "Utilization of surface magnetoplasmons in the millimetre wavelength range," IEEE Proc. on Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 140, No. 3, 174-182, 1993.
4. Oliner, A. A. and T. Tamir, "Backward waves on isotropic slab," J. Appl. Physics, Vol. 33, 231-233, 1962.
5. Tamir, T. and A. A. Oliner, "The influence of complex waves on the radiation field of a slot-excited plasma layer," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 1, 55-64, Jan. 1962.
6. Tamir, T. and A. A. Oliner, "The spectrum of electromagnetic waves guided by a plasma layer," IEEE Proc., Vol. 51, 317-331, Feb. 1963.
7. Angulo, C. and W. Chang, "The launching of surface waves by a parallel plate waveguide," IRE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 4, 359-368, Oct. 1959.
8. Bates, C. P. and R. Mittra, "Waveguide excitation of dielectric and plasma slabs," Radio Science, Vol. 3, No. 3, 251-266, Mar. 1968.
9. Kyriacou, G. A., "Wiener-Hopf analysis of planar canonical structures loaded with longitudinally magnetized plasma biased normally to the extraordinary wave propagation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 1-34, 2008.
10. Seshadri, S. R. and W. F. Pickard, "Surface waves on an anisotropic plasma sheath," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 12, No. 5, 529-541, 1964.
11. Pathak, P. H. and R. G. Kouyoumjian, "TM surface wave diffraction by a truncated dielectric slab recessed in a perfectly conducting surface," NASA Contractor Report, May 1974.
12. Johansen, E. L., "The radiation properties of a parallel-plane waveguide in a transversely The radiation properties of a parallel-plane waveguide in a transversely," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 13, No. 1, 77-83, 1965.
13. Mitsalas, X. M., A. V. Kudrin, and G. A. Kyriacou, "Analytical study of surface and leaky waves on a grounded magnetized plasma slab," PIERS Proceedings, 1526-1532, Moscow, Russia, Aug. 19-23, 2012.
14. Mittra, R. and S. W. Lee, Analytical Techniques in the Theory of Guided Waves, The MacMillan Company, New York, 1971.
15. Bates, C. P. and R. Mittra, "A factorization procedure for Wiener-Hopf kernels," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 17, No. 1, 102-103, Jan. 1969.
16. Fikioris, J. G., J. L. Tsalamengas, and N. K. Uzunoglu, "Analysis of a semi-infinite microstrip patch loaded with a ferrite substrate," Electromagnetics, Vol. 3, 271-288, 1983.
17. Noble, B., Methods Based on the Wiener-Hopf Technique, Pergamon Press, 1958.
18. Daniele, V. G., "An introduction to the Wiener-Hopf technique for the solution of electromagnetic problems," Lecture Notes, 2007.
19. Felsen, L. B. and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, IEEE Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory, Wiley-IEEE Press, 1994.
20. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables, Dover Books on Mathematics, 1965.
21., , Software of WOLFRAM MATHEMATICA 11.1.
22. Ostner, H., J. Detlefsen, and D. R. Jackson, "Radiation from one-dimensional leaky-wave antennas," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 43, No. 4, 331-339, Apr. 1995.
23. Mesa, F., C. D. Nallo, and D. R. Jackson, "The theory of surface-wave and space-wave leaky mode excitation on microstrip lines ," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 2, 207-215, Feb. 1999.
24. Collin, R. E. and F. Zucker, Antenna Theory. Part I & II, McGraw Hill, 1969.
25. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd edition, J. Wiley, 2007.
26. Tamir, T. and A. A. Oliner, "Guided complex waves. Part I: Fields at an interface," Proc. IEE, Vol. 110, 310-324, Feb. 1963.
27. Tamir, T. and A. A. Oliner, "Guided complex waves. Part II: Relation to radiation patterns," Proc. IEE, Vol. 110, 325-334, Feb. 1963.
28. Kim, K. Y., "Guided and leaky modes for circular open electromagnetic waveguides: Dielectric, plasma and metamaterial column,", Ph.D. Thesis, Dec. 2004.
29. Gangaraj, S. A. H. and F. Monticone, "Topologically-protected one-way leaky waves in nonreciprocal plasmonic structures," Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, Vol. 30, No. 10, Feb. 2018.
30. Jasik, H., Antenna Engineering Handbook, 1st edition, McGraw Hill, 1961.
31. Lovat, G., P. Bughignoli, and D. R. Jackson, "Fundamental properties and optimization of broadside radiation from uniform leaky-wave antennas," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1442-1452, May 2006.
32. Barkeshli, K., Advanced Electromagnetics and Scattering Theory, 1st edition, Springer, 2015.
33. Kyriacou, G. A. and J. N. Sahalos, "The edge admittance model for the study of microstrips on uniaxial substrate," Archiv fur Elektrotechnik, Vol. 76, 169-179, 1993.
34. Kuester, E. F., R. T. Johnk, and D. C. Chang, "The thin-substrate approximation for reflection from the end of a slab-loaded parallel-plate waveguide with application to microstrip patch antennas," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 30, No. 5, 910-917, 1982.
35. El-Sherbiny, A. M., "Exact analysis of shielded microstrip lines and bilateral fin lines," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 29, No. 7, 669-675, 1981.
36. Kyriacou, G. A., Wiener Hopf Type Analysis of Microstrip Structures, Vol. 171, Springer, 2000.
37. Talisa, S. H. and D. M. Bolle, "Performance predictions for isolators and differential phase shifters for the near millimeter wave range," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 29, No. 12, 1338-1343, 1981.
38. Iqbal, S. S. and A. A. Gibson, "Characteristics of millimeter-wave semiconductor phase shifters," International Conf. on Ant. and Prop., 323-326, Apr. 2001.
39. Taya, S. A. and T. M. El-Agez, "A reverse symmetry optical waveguide sensor using a plasma substrate," Journal of Optics, Vol. 13, No. 7, 075701, 2011.
40. Taya, S. A., "Slab waveguide with air core layer and anisotropic left handed material claddings as a sensor," Optoelectronics Review, Vol. 22, No. 4, 252-257, 2014.
41. Taya, S. A., "Theoretical investigation of slab waveguide sensor using anisotropic metamaterial," Optica Applicata, Vol. XLV, No. 3, 405-417, 2015.
42. Taya, S. A., "Dispersion properties of lossy dispersive and anisotropic left handed material slab," Optik, Vol. 126, No. 14, 1319-1323, 2015.
43. Huang, T., G. B. Liu, H. F. Zhang, and L. Zeng, "A new adjustable frequency waveguide circularly polarized antenna based on the solid state plasma," Applied Physics A, Vol. 125, No. 660, 2019.
44. Bates, C. P and R. Mittra, "A technique for solving certain Wiener-Hopf type boundary value problems," Antenna Laboratory Report, No. 66-4, 1966.