An asymptotic solution of a 3D vector diffraction problem for a vibrator system placed over a rectangular perfectly conducting screen of finite dimensions is obtained in the framework of the uniform geometrical theory of diffraction (UGTD) using the asymptotic expressions for the impedance vibrator currents. The system consists of two orthogonally crossed vibrators with equal dimensions but different surface impedances. The vibrators are excited in-phase. An algorithm and respective software for computing the directional, power and polarization characteristics of the radiation field of this antennas system are developed. The conditions required to form a circularly polarized radiation with a maximally attainable directivity in the normal direction to the screen are determined depending on the screen dimensions and the distance between the vibrators and the screen.
2. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, and V. M. Dakhov, "Formation of the radiation field with the set spatial-polarization characteristics by the crossed impedance vibrators system," Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 5–6, 371-378, 2010.
3. Kouyoumjian, R. G. and P. H. Pathak, "A uniform geometrical theory of diffraction for an edge in a perfectly conducting surface," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 62, 1448-1461, 1974.
4. Pathak, P. H., "High frequency techniques for antenna analysis," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 80, No. 1, 44-65, 1992.
5. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, Thin Impedance Vibrators. Theory and Applications, Springer Science+Business Media, New York, 2011.
6. Yeliseyeva, N. P., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Electrodynamic characteristics of horizontal impedance vibrator located over a finite-dimensional perfectly conducting screen," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 63, 275-288, 2015.
7. Gorobetz, N. N. and N. P. Yeliseyeva, "Radiation characteristics of an electric dipole of arbitrary orientation placed above a plane screen," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 60, No. 3&4, 30-47, 2003.
8. Born, M. and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, Pergamon Press, 1975.
9. Yeliseyeva, N. P., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Formation of circularly polarized wave by the oblique impedance wire dipole located over rectangular screen," Radiofizika and Radioastronomia, Vol. 21, No. 3, 216-230, 2016 (in Russian).
10. Yeliseyeva, N. P., S. L. Berdnik, V. A. Katrich, and M. V. Nesterenko, "Directional and polarization radiation characteristics of a horizontal impedance vibrator located above a rectangular screen," Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 2, 99-111, 2016.