5G new spectrum radio access should support data rates exceeding 10 Gbps in most of its applications. An Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Ultra-high data rate Wilkinson power divider up to 6.9 Gbps for 5G new spectrum and CAR applications is presented in this paper. The step by step design procedure, optimization and implementation of this Wilkinson power divider in 20-30 GHz are completely done to achieve the optimum performance. The final fabrication results show the average of -14 dB of input matching, -20 dB of isolation of isolated Ports, -4.2 dB of coupling in output ports (considering 2 SMA connectors and transitions in each path), and linear phase variation of outputs in the whole bandwidth of 20-30 GHz. During the design procedure, a new and very useful coaxial to microstrip transition in K-band is designed, analyzed, developed and fabricated to achieve the best results. Also a complete study of time domain analysis with ultra-high data rate signal is presented to minimize the total reflection coefficient caused by the partial reflections from several discontinuities. To complete and validate the final fabricated Wilkinson power divider in ultra-high data rate application in 5G new spectrum, the extracted results of UWB-IR impulse radio with modulated ultra-high data rate signal up to 7 Gbps and in 20-30 GHz bandwidth is completely done. The measured results show that this fabricated Wilkinson power divider can handle a periodic modulated signal up to 7 Gbps which are valuable results for many applications in 5G and CAR systems.
2. 4G Americas White paper, "5G spectrum recommendations,", Aug. 2016.
3. European Commission --- Press release, Commission facilitates deployment of car radar systems to boost road safety, Reference: IP/11/937, Date: 29/07/2011, http://europa.eu/rapid/pressrelease_IP-11-937 en.htm? Locale=en.
4. Koelpin, A., G. Vinci, B. Laemmle, D. Kissinger, and R. Weigel, "The six-port in modern society," IEEE Microwave Magazine, S35-S43, Dec. 2010.
5. Nedil, M., T. A. Denidni, and H. Boutayeb, "Ultra-wideband CPW six-port circuits based on multilayer technology," Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, No. 23, Nov. 2007.
6. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Oct. 2007.
7. Hammou, D., E. Moldovan, and S. O. Tatu, "Novel MHMIC millimeter wave power divider/combiner," 24th Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 000280-000283, Niagara Falls, ON, 2011.
8. Razzaz Hamood Kasim, F., M. A. S. Alkanhal, and A.-F. A. Sheta, "UWB Wilkinson power divider using tapered transmission lines," PIERS Proceedings, 882-884, Moscow, Russia, Aug. 19–23, 2012.
9. Huang, S., X. Xie, and B. Yan, "K-band Wilkinson power divider based on a taper equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 27, 75-83, 2011.
10. Honari, M. M., L. Mirzavand, R, Mirzavand, and P. Mousavi, "Theoretical design of broadband multisection Wilkinson power dividers with arbitrary power split ratio," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 6, No. 4, 605-612, Apr. 2016.
11. Hannachi, C., D. Hammou, Z. Ouardirhi, and S. O. Tatu, "Complete characterization of novel MHMICs for V-band communication systems," Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vol. 2013, 1-9, 2013.
12. Askari, G. and M. Kamarei, "Distortion analysis of UWB short pulses using time-frequency distribution," 17th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), 1-4, Budapest, Hungary, Jul. 2015.
13. Sadler, B. M., D. Goeckel, M. L. Honig, A. J. Van der veen, and Z. Xu, "Introduction to the issue on performance limits of ultra-wideband systems," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 1, No. 3, 337-339, Oct. 2007.
14. Qiao, Q., Y. Dai, and Z. Chen, "Signal integrity analysis on discontinuous microstrip line," 7th International Conference on Applied Electrostatics, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 418, 1-5, 2013.
15. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4th Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012.
16. Askari, G. and M. Kamarei, "Design, analysis and implementation of ultra high data rate UWB six-port receiver up to 7 Gbps for 5 G new spectrum radio access and CAR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 73, 31-48, 2017.
17. Askari, G., M. Kamarei, M. Shahabadi, and H. Mirmohammad Sadeghi, "Analysis, design and implementation of a broadband coaxial-to-micro strip for UWB radar," PIERS Proceedings, 972-977, Guangzhou, Aug. 25–28, 2014.