The transverse electric (TE) field patterns and characteristics are considered for a cylinder with N infinite axialsl ots of arbitrary opening size and position. The cylinder is a thin circular conductor and covered by an eccentric material. Radiations are determined by applying the boundary conditions to the cylindrical wave functions of the fields. The addition theorem of Bessel functions is employed to find an infinite-series solution in Fourier-Bessel series form. Results are achieved by reducing the produced infinite series to a finite number of terms and judged against other published data. Numerical and graphical results for different values are also presented and discussed for small eccentricities.
2. Bailin, L. L., "The radiation field produced by a slot in a large circular cylinder," IRE Transactions — Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 3, 128-137, July 1955.
3. Hurd, R. A., "Radiation patterns of a dielectric-coated axially slotted cylinder," Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 34, 638-642, 1956.
4. Wait, J. and W. Mientka, "Slotted-cylinder antenna with a dielectric coating," Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, Vol. 58, No. 6, 287-296, June 1957.
5. Jordan, E. O. and W. E. Miller, "Slotted-cylinder antenna," Electronics, 90-93, February 1947.
6. Leung, K. W. and L. Y. Chan, "The probe-fed zonalsl ot antenna cut onto a cylindrical conducting cavity," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 12, 3949-3952, December 2005.
7. Mushref, M. A., "Radiation from a dielectric-coated cylinder with two slots," Applied Mathematics Letters, Vol. 17, No. 6, 721-726, June 2004.
8. Mushref, M. A., "Field characteristics from an eccentric dielectric coated circular cylinder with two axial slots," Electromagnetics, Vol. 25, No. 1, 55-67, January 2005.
9. Richmond, J., "Axial slot antenna on a dielectric-coated elliptic cylinder," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 37, No. 10, 1235-1241, October 1989.
10. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, IEEE, New York, 1995.
11. Harrington, R. F., Time-harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, IEEE, New York, 2001.
12. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., New York, 1941.
13. Morse, P. M. and H. Feshbach, Methods of Theoretical Physics, parts I and II, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., New York, 1953.
14. Knop, C. M., "External admittance of an axialsl ot on a dielectric coated metal cylinder," Radio Science, Vol. 3 (new series), No. 8, 803-817, August 1968.
15. Mushref, M. A., "Matrix solution to electromagnetic scattering by a conducting cylinder with an eccentric metamaterial coating," Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 332, No. 1, 356-366, August 2007.