In the military applications, electro-optics and electromagnetics features of the cloths made of special textile structures and certain fibers play an important role in producing textile characterized with high ability of camouflage. This means not allowing enemy to precisely determine the moving and mute targets using available radar or any other electro-optics sensors. The aim of this paper is to determine the effect of the composite fabrics structure parameters on the fabrication of a resistive sheet used in many radar applications. The objective sheet can be used as a lossy sheet in absorbing mechanism. The radar absorbing mechanism has been studied with emphasis on the single layer structure mechanism with a resistive sheet. Fabric structure of the resistive sheet was accurately chosen and coated with lossy material. For coating, several formulas of fabrics using carbon black were tested to determine the best chemical treatment in accordance with their functional performance. Lab measurements have been done to get optimum formulas and optimum fabrics structures for high radar absorption performance.
2. Zhao, S. C., B. Z. Wang, and Q. Q. He, "Broadband radar cross section reduction of a rectangular patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 263-275, 2008.
3. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008.
4. Lagarkov, A. N., V. N. Kisel, and V. N. Semenenko, "Wide angle absorption by the use of a meta-material plate," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 35-44, 2008.
5. Kusayakin, O. P., P. N. Melezhik, A. Y. Poyedinchuk, and O. S. Troschylo, "Absorbing properties of a negative permittivity layer placed on a reflecting grating," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 135-148, 2006.
6. Xu, Z., W. Lin, and L. Kong, "Controllable absorbing structure of meta-material at microwave," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 117-125, 2007.
7. Salisbury, W. W., Absorbed body of electronic waves, U.S. Patent No. 2, 599, 944, 1952.
8. Lederer, P. G., "Modeling of practical Salisbury screen absorbers," IEE Colloquium on Low Profile Absorbers, Vol. 129, 1992.
9. Abdelaziz, A. A., "A novel technique for improving the performance of salisbury screen," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 1-8, 2008.
10. Gustafsson, M., "RCS reduction of integrated antenna arrays with resistive sheets," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 27-40, 2006.
11. Abdelaziz, A. A., A. Henderson, and J. R. James, "Microstrip planar array with interference suppression radome," Electronics Letters, Vol. 28, No. 15, 1993.
12. Henderson, A., A. A. Abdelaziz, and J. R. James, "Investigation of interference suppression radome for microstrip arrays," Proceeding ICAP, 1993.
13. Pourova, M. and J. Vrba, "Analytical solutions to the applicators for microwave textile drying by means of zigzag method," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 8, 1204-1207, 2007.
14. Shimada, K., K. Ishizuka, and M. Tokuda, "A study of RF absorber for anechoic chambers used in the frequency range for power line communication system," PIERS Online, Vol. 2, No. 5, 2006.