Abstract-In this paper, a compact band-notched UWB planar antenna with Transmission-Line-fed is presented and I'm using a new technique by etching a narrowband resonance H-shape slot in the ground plane of the antenna. This antenna is capable reducing the interference at the WLAN bands by eliminating the 4.85-6.17 GHz band. The proposed antenna has compact size of 16 × 22mm2 including the ground plane and because of miniature dimensions, good radiation patterns with monopolar characteristics are obtained in the frequency band of interest i.e., at least 10 dB isolation exists between co-polarization and cross-polarization. The gain is suppressed very well in WLAN bands. The maximum suppression is in 5.4 GHz that is 13.6 dB less than the gain of normal antenna.
2. Young, J. and L. Peter, "A brief history of GPR fundamentals and applications," Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Ground Penetrating Radar, 5-14, 1996.
3. Daniels, D. J., "Surface-penetrating radar," IEE Radar Sonar Navigation Avionics Series 6, 72-93, 1996.
4. Fontana, R. J., "Recent system applications of short-pulse ultrawideband (UWB) technology," IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 52, No. 9, 2087-2104, 2004.
5. Eldek, A. A., "Numerical analysis of a small ultra-wideband microstrip-fed tap monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006.
6. Liu, W. C. and C. F. Hsu, "CPW-fed notched monopole antenna for umts/imt-2000/WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 6, 841-851, 2007.
7. Gao, S. and A. Sambell, "A simple broadband printed antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 119-130, 2006.
8. Joardar, S. and A. B. Bhattacharya, "Two new ultrawideband dual polarized antenna-feeds using planar log periodic antenna and innovative frequency independent reflectors," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1465-1479, 2006.
9. Chen, X. and K. Huang, "Wideband properties of fractal bowtie dipoles," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1511-1518, 2006.
10. Shams, K. M. and M. Ali, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 861-871, 2006.
11. Zhou, H. J., Q. Z. Liu, J. F. Li, and J. L. Guo, "A swallow-tailed wideband planar monopole antenna with semi-elliptical base," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1257-1264, 2007.
12. Kim, K.-H. and S.-O. Park, "Analysis of the small band-rejected antenna with the parasitic strip for UWB," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 6, 1688-1692, 2006.
13. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5 GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, 2006.
14. Ma, T.-G. and S.-J. Wu, "A new band-notched U-shape folded monopole antenna for UWB applications," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 1643-1646, 2006.
15. Kim, K.-H., Y.-J. Cho, S.-H. Hwang, and S.-O. Park, "Bandnotched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, 2005.
16. Nakamura, T. and H. Iwasaki, "Planar monopole antenna having a band-notched characteristic for UWB," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 4641-4644, 2006.
17. Kerkhoff, A. and H. Ling, "A parametric study of band-notched UWB planar monopole antennas," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2004, Vol. 2, 1768-1771, 2004.
18. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact ultra wideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3075-3081, 2006.
19. Ren, W., Z. G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Novel planar monopole UWB antenna with 5-GHz band-notched haracteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1645-1652, 2007.
20. Jameses, J. R. and P. S. Hall, Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, Vol. 1, Peter Peregrinus & IEEE, London, 1989.
21. Jasik, H., Antenna Engineering Handbook, 2.10-2.13, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961.
22., Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulation (Ansoft HFSSTM V 10.0), Ansoft Corporation, 2005.