The transmission speed of optical networks strongly depends on the impact of higher order dispersion. In the presence of coherent interference which can't be kept under control by optical filtering, the impact of higher order dispersion becomes more serious. In this paper we give general expressions that describe pulse deformation due to even higher order dispersion in a single-mode fiber. The impulsive responses for even order dispersion in the presence of coherent interference are characterized by symmetrical waveforms with long trailing skirts. Individual and joint influence of second and fourth order dispersion on the transmission quality is studied. Pulse shape and eye diagram are obtained.
3. Ilday, F. O., F. W. Wise, and T. Sosnowski, "High-energy femtosecond stretched-pulse fiber laser with nonlinear optical loop mirror," Optical Letters, Vol. 27, No. 17, 1531-1533, 2002.
4. Iannone, E., R. Sabella, M. Avattaneo, and G. De Paolis, "Modeling of in-band crosstalk in WDM optical networks," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 17, No. 7, 1135-1141, 1999.
5. Ehrhardt, A., M. Eiselt, G. Goßkopf, L. Kuller, R. Ludwig, W. Pieper, R. Schnabel, and G. H. Weber, "Semiconductor laser amplifier as optical switching gate," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 11, No. 8, 1287-1295, 1993.
6. Fishman, A. D., G. D. Duff, and A. J. Nagel, "Measurement and simulation of multipath interference for 1.7 Gb/s lightwave transmission systems using single- and multi-frequency laser," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 8, No. 6, 894-905, 1990.
7. Shen, Y., K. Lu, and W. Gu, "Coherent and incoherent crosstalk in WDM optical network," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 17, No. 5, 759-764, 1999.
8. Frojdh, K. and P. Ohlen, , "Interferometric noise, OMA and reflection," http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/public/adhoc/serial_pmd/documents/.
9. Pepeljugoski, P., "Some useful formulas for analysis interferometric noise," http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/public/adhoc/serial_pmd/documents/.
10. Legg, P. J., M. Tur, and I. Andonovic, "Solution paths to limit interferometric noise induced performance degradation in ASK/direct detection lightwave networks," Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 14, No. 9, 1943-1954, 1996.
11. Biswas, A., "Stochastic perturbation of parabolic law optical solitons," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1479-1488, 2007.
12. Swetanshumala, A. Biswas, and S. Konar, "Dynamically stable super Gaussian solitons in semiconductor doped glass fibers," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 901-912, 2006.
13. Biswas, A., Shwetanshumala, and S. Konar, "Dynamically stable dispersion managed solitons in parabolic law nonlinearity," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1249-1258, 2006.