A dual-mode hyperspectral imager using field of view scanning needs no moving macro parts. It could work in dual-mode (macro imaging and micro imaging) and is equipped with a conjugated camera for quick object-selection and focusing. By adjusting the imaging lens and achieving the image clarity on the conjugated camera, we could find the correct location and focusing of the ROIs simultaneously instead of inefficiently checking the hyperspectral image after the whole scanning process. The whole system was applied to the study of spectral characteristics of blood oxygen in human hands and the microscopic identification of algae, showing a great potential of clinical and marine applications of our system.
2. Lu, G. and B. Fei, "Medical hyperspectral imaging: A review," Journal of Biomedical Optics, Vol. 19, 010901, 2014.
3. Li, J., W. Jiang, X. Yao, F. Cai, and S. He, "Fast quantitative fluorescence authentication of milk powder and vanillin by a line-scan hyperspectral system," Appl. Opt., Vol. 57, 6276, 2018.
4. Yao, X., F. Cai, P. Zhu, H. Fang, J. Li, and S. He, "Non-invasive and rapid pH monitoring for meat quality assessment using a low-cost portable hyperspectral scanner," Meat Science, Vol. 152, 73-80, 2019.
5. Jiang, W., J. Li, X. Yao, E. Forsberg, and S. He, "Fluorescence hyperspectral imaging of oil samples and its quantitative applications in component analysis and thickness estimation," Sensors, Vol. 18, 4415, 2018.
6. Johnsen, G., "Kelp forest mapping by use of airborne hyperspectral imager," J. Appl. Remote Sens., Vol. 1, 011503, 2007.
7. Boldrini, B., W. Kessler, K. Rebner, and R. Kessler, "Hyperspectral imaging: A review of best practice, performance and pitfalls for inline and online applications," Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy, Vol. 20, 438, 2012.
8. Sigernes, F., M. Syrjasuo, R. Storvold, J. Fortuna, M. E. Grøtte, and T. A. Johansen, "Do it yourself hyperspectral imager for handheld to airborne operations," Opt. Express, Vol. 26, 6021, 2018.
9. Saager, R. B., A. N. Dang, S. S. Huang, K. M. Kelly, and A. J. Durkin, "Portable (handheld) clinical device for quantitative spectroscopy of skin, utilizing spatial frequency domain reflectance techniques," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 88, 094302, 2017.
10. Bhandari, A., B. Hamre, Ø. Frette, K. Stamnes, and J. J. Stamnes, "Modeling optical properties of human skin using Mie theory for particles with different size distributions and refractive indices," Opt. Express, Vol. 19, 14549-14567, 2011.
11. Li, H., C. Zhang, and X. Feng, "Monte Carlo simulation of light scattering in tissue for the design of skin-like optical devices," Biomed. Opt. Express, Vol. 10, 868, 2019.
12. Yousefi, S., J. Qin, and R. K. Wang, "Super-resolution spectral estimation of optical microangiography for quantifying blood flow within microcirculatory tissue beds in vivo," Biomed. Opt. Express, Vol. 4, 1214, 2013.
13. Liu, Z., J. Yan, D. Zhang, and Q.-L. Li, "Automated tongue segmentation in hyperspectral images for medicine," Appl. Opt., Vol. 46, 8328, 2007.
14. Hadoux, X., F. Hui, and J. K. H. Lim, "Non-invasive in vivo hyperspectral imaging of the retina for potential biomarker use in Alzheimer’s disease," Nature Communications, Vol. 10, 4227, 2019.
15. Cai, F., D. Wang, M. Zhu, and S. He, "Pencil-like imaging spectrometer for bio-samples sensing," Biomed. Opt. Express, Vol. 8, 5427, 2017.
16. Panasyuk, S. V., S. Yang, D. V. Faller, D. Ngo, R. A. Lew, J. E. Freeman, and A. E. Rogers, "Medical hyperspectral imaging to facilitate residual tumor identification during surgery," Cancer Biology & Therapy, Vol. 6, 439-446, 2007.
17. Yang, L., K. J. Han, and Z. Y. Chen, "Dynamic relationship between economic growth in coastal and marine disaster losses: 1989–2011," Scientia Geographica Sinica, School of Business, Shandong University, 2015.
18. Christie-Oleza, J. A., D. Sousoni, M. Lloyd, J. Armengaud, and D. J. Scanlan, "Nutrient recycling facilitates long-term stability of marine microbial phototroph-heterotroph interactions," Nat. Microbiol., Vol. 2, 17100, 2017.
19. Lou, X. and C. Hu, "Diurnal changes of a harmful algal bloom in the East China Sea: Observations from GOCI," Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 140, 562-572, 2014.
20. Choi, J. K., Y. J. Park, B. R. Lee, J. Eom, J.-E. Moon, and J.-H. Ryu, "Application of the Geostationary Ocean Color Imager (GOCI) to mapping the temporal dynamics of coastal water turbidity," Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 146, 24-35, 2014.
21. Andrefouet, S., C. Payri, E. J. Hochberg, C. Hu, M. J. Atkinson, and F. E. Mullerkarger, "Use of in situ and airborne reflectance for scaling-up spectral discrimination of coral reef macroalgae from species to communities," Marine Ecology Progress Series, Vol. 283, 161-177, 2004.
22. Wang, D. Z., L. Lin, H. F. Gu, L. L. Chan, and H. S. Hong, "Comparative studies on morphology, ITS sequence and protein profile of Alexandrium tamarense and A. catenella isolated from the China Sea," Harmful Algae, Vol. 7, 106-113, 2008.
23. Hindak, F. and A. Hindakova, "Morphology and taxonomy of some rare chlorococcalean algae (Chlorophyta)," Biologia, Vol. 63, 781-790, 2008.
24. Mehrubeoglu, M., M. Teng, and P. Zimba, "Resolving mixed algal species in hyperspectral images," Sensors, Vol. 14, 1-21, 2013.
25. Volent, Z., G. Johnsen, and F. Sigernes, "Microscopic hyperspectral imaging used as a bio-optical taxonomic tool for micro- and macroalgae," Appl. Opt., Vol. 48, 4170, 2009.
26. Wei, L., K. Su, S. Zhu, H. Yin, Z. Li, Z. Chen, and M. Li, "Identification of microalgae by hyperspectral microscopic imaging system," Spectroscopy Letters, Vol. 50, 59-63, 2017.
27. Cho, J., P. J. Gemperline, and D. Walker, "Wavelength calibration method for a CCD detector and multichannel fiber-optic probes," Applied Spectroscopy, Vol. 49, 1841-1845, 1995.
28. Koutchmy, S., F. Baudin, Sh. Abdi, L. Golub, and F. Sevre, "New deep coronal spectra from the 2017 total solar eclipse," Astronomy and Astrophysics, Vol. 632, A86, 2019.
29. Minnaert, M. G. J., "The solar spectrum (L)," Practical Work in Elementary Astronomy, 123-125, Springer, 1969.
30. Kollias, N. and W. Gratzer, "Tabulated molar extinction coefficient for hemoglobin in water,", Vol. 5, 150-161, Wellman Laboratories, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1999.
31. Rimington, C., "Spectral-absorption coefficients of some porphyrins in the Soret-band region," Biochemical Journal, Vol. 75, 620-623, 1960.