The traditional pattern synthesis method of space-borne array is to achieve a ``iso-flux'' beam coverage via approximating a desired pattern; however, the synthesized pattern may not optimize the whole satellite communication (SatCom) system performance. This paper analyzes the interference in multibeam SatCom system using CDMA, and establishes the relation model between user capacity and multibeam pattern. Additionally, a novel particle swarm optimization (PSO) based on simulated annealing (SA) pattern synthesis method is proposed, which chooses user capacity as synthesis objective function. The numerical analysis, which is performed for a hexagonal array with 19 stacked patch elements, confirms that user capacity is at least doubled with the ``max-gain-flux'' beam coverage implemented by our method, compared to the ``iso-flux'' coverage when communication outage probability is 10%.
2. Croq, F., et al., "The Globalstar 2 antenna sub-system," 3rd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 598-602, 2009.
3. Johnson, J. M. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Genetic algorithm optimization and its application to antenna design," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 1, 326-329, 1994.
4. Liang, G., W. Gong, H. Liu, and J. Yu, "Development of 61-channel digital beam-forming (DBF) transmitter array for mobile satellite communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 175-195, 2009.
5. Liang, G., W. Gong, H. Liu, and J. Yu, "A semi-physical simulation system for DBF transmitter array on LEO satellite," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 197-215, 2009.
6. Recioui, A., "Sidelobe level reduction in linear array pattern synthesis using particle swarm optimization," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 153, No. 2, 497-512, 2012.
7. Li, , X. and M. Yin, "Hybrid differential evolution with artificial bee colony and its application for design of a reconfigurable antenna array with discrete phase shifters," IET Microwaves Antennas & Progagation, Vol. 6, No. 14, 497-512, 2012.
8. Wang, F., et al., "Optimal array pattern synthesis using semidefinite programming," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 51, No. 5, 1172-1183, 2003.
9. Fuchs, B., A. Skrivervik, and J. R. Mosig, "Shaped beam synthesis of arrays via sequential convex optimizations," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1049-1052, 2013.
10. Gilhousen, K. S., et al., "Increased capacity using CDMA for mobile satellite communication," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 8, No. 4, 503-514, 1990.
11. Fu, H., G. Bi, and K. Arichandran, "Capacity comparison of CDMA and FDMA/TDMA for a LEO satellite system," IEEE International Conference on Communication, 1069-1073, 1999.
12. Fu, H., G. Bi, and K. Arichandran, "Performance of multibeam CDMA-based LEO satellite systems with imperfect power control," International Journal of Satellite Communications, Vol. 16, No. 3, 155-167, 1998.
13. Song, H., et al., "Performance analysis of a seven-beam CDMA-based LEO satellite system," IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 174-175, 2012.
14. Microwave Vision Group, Antenna Measurement and Radome Test System, MVG-EBOOK, 2013.
15. Monk, A. M. and L. B. Milstein, "Open-loop power control error in a land mobile satellite system," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 13, No. 2, 205-212, 1995.
16. Clerc, M. and J. Kennedy, "The particle swarm --- Explosion, stability, and convergence in a multidimensional complex space," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 6, No. 1, 58-73, 2002.
17. Cardone, G., G. Cincotti, and M. Pappalardo, "Design of wide-band arrays for low side-lobe level beam patterns by simulated annealing," IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control,, Vol. 49, No. 8, 1050-1059, 2002.
18. Lutz, E., et al., "The land mobile satellite communication channel --- Recording, statistics, and channel model," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 40, No. 2, 375-386, 1991.
19. Liang, G., et al., "Design of phased array antenna on satellite with iso-flux beam coverage," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 25, No. 2, 248-252, 2010.
20. Jin, J., et al., "Genetic algorithms based isoflux multi-beams optimization for non-GEO satellites ," Proceedings of The International Conference Information Computing and Automation, Vol. 1, No. 3, 1274-1277, 2008.