Invisible cloak with its amazing functions has been turned into reality due to the advent of transformation optics during the past few years. However, the inhomogeneity and singularity of electromagnetic parameters in cloak are still the main bottlenecks for practical realization. In this paper, we propose a scheme of three-dimensional polyhedral invisible cloak to overcome these shortcomings by using a linear homogeneous transformation method. The constitutive parameters of the polyhedral cloak are homogeneous and anisotropic, which are relatively easy for realization. Numerical simulations demonstrate that good invisibility performance can be achieved for any polarization wave. Our work provides a novel approach to simplify three-dimensional cloak in practice.
2. Leonhardt, , U., "Optical conformal mapping," Science, Vol. 312, 1777-1780, 2006.
3. Schurig, , D., , J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice, S. A. Cummer, J. B. Pendry, A. F. Starr, and D. R. Smith, "Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies," Science, Vol. 314, 977-980, 2006.
4. Zhang, , J. and N. A. Mortensen, "Ultrathin cylindrical cloak," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 121, 381-389, 2011.
5. Song, , W., R. J. Shi, and X.-Q. Sheng, "Optimization towards broadband cylindrical cloaks with layered magnetic materials," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 36, 87-101, 2013.
6. Jiang, , W. X., T. J. Cui, X. M. Yang, Q. Cheng, L. R. Peng, and nd D. R. Smith, "Invisibility cloak without singularity," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 93, 194-102, 2008.
7. Chen, , H. S. and B. Zheng, "Broadband polygonal invisibility cloak for visible light," Scientific Reports, Vol. 2, 255, 2012.
8. Rahm, M., , D. Schurig, D. A. Roberts, S. A. Cummer, D. R. Smith, and J. B. Pendry, "Design of electromagnetic cloaks Design of electromagnetic cloaks tions of Maxwell's equations," Photonics and Nanostructures-Fundamentals and Applications, Vol. 6, 87-95, 2008.
9. Diatta, A., A. Nicolet, S. Guenneau, and F. Zolla, "Tessellated and stellated invisibility," Optics Express, Vol. 17, 13389-13394, 2009.
10. Han, T. C., , C. W. Qiu, and X. H. Tang, "An arbitrarily shaped cloak with nonsingular and homogeneous parameters designed using a twofold transformation," Journal of Optics,, Vol. 12, 095103, 2010.
11. Wei, , L., , J. G. Guan, Z. G. Sun, W. Wang, and Q. J. Zhang, "A near-perfect invisibility cloak constructed with homogeneous materials," Optics Express, Vol. 17, No. 26, 23410, 2009.
12. Tichit, P. H., B. Kante, and A. de Lustrac, "Design of polygonal and elliptical cloaks," Proceedings of Nato ARW and META'08, 120-125, 2008.
13. Chen, , X., , "Implicit boundary conditions in transformation-optics cloaking for electromagnetic waves," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 121, 521-534, 2011.
14. Zhai, , Y. B. and T.-J. Cui, "Three-dimensional axisymmetric invisibility cloaks with arbitrary shapes in layered-medium background," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 27, 151-163, 2011.
15. Shao, , J., H. Zhang, Y. Lin, and X. Hao, "Dual-frequency electromagnetic cloaks enabled by LC-based metamaterial circuits," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 225-237, 2011.
16. Cai, , W., , U. K. Chettiar, A. V. Kildishev, and V. M. Shalaev, "Optical cloaking with metamaterials," Nature Photonics, 224-227, 2007.
17. Liu, , X., Y. J. Feng, S. Xiong, J. L. Fan, and J. M. Zhao, "Experimental verification of broadband invisibility using a cloak based on inductor-capacitor networks," Applied Physics Letters , Vol. 95, 191-107, 2009.
18. Kante, , B., , D. Germain, and A. Lustrac, "Experimental demonstration of a nonmagnetic metamaterial cloak at microwave frequencies," Physical Review B, Vol. 80, 201104R, 2009.
19. Xi, S., H. Chen, B. I.Wu, and J. A. Kong, "One directional perfect cloak created with homogeneous material," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters , Vol. 19, 131-133, 2009..
20. Hu, J., X. M. Zhou, and G. K. Hu, "Nonsingular two dimensional cloak of arbitrary shape," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, 011107, 2009.
21. Xu, , X. F., Y. J. Feng, Y. Hao, J. M. Zhao, and T. Jiang, "Infrared carpet cloak designed with uniform silicon grating structure," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, 184102, 2009..
22. Zhang, , B., , Y. Luo, X. Liu, and G. Barbastathis, "Macroscopic invisibility cloak for visible light," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 106, 033901, 2011.
23. Landy, N. and D. R. Smith, "A full-parameter unidirectional metamaterial cloak for microwaves," Nature Materials,, Vol. 12, 25-28, 2012.
24. Li, , J. and J. B. Pendry, "Hiding under the carpet: A new strategy for cloaking," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 101, 203901, 2008.
25. Liu, , R., , J. J. Mock, J. Y. Chin, T. J. Cui, and D. R. Smith, "Broadband ground-plane cloak," Science, Vol. 323, 366-369, 2009.
26. Valentine, , J., , J. Li, T. Zentgraf, G. Bartal, and X. Zhang, "An optical cloak made of dielectrics," Nature Materials, Vol. 8, 568-571, 2009.
27. Ma, , H. F. and T. J. Cui, "Three-dimensional broadband ground-plane cloak made of metamaterials," Nature Communications, Vol. 1, 21, 2010.