The fine-grained parallel micro-genetic algorithm (FGPMGA) is developed to solve antenna design problems. The synthesis of uniformly exited unequally spaced array is presented. Comparison with the micro-genetic algorithm (MGA) has been carried out. It is seen that the FGPMGA significantly outperforms MGA, in terms of both the convergence rate and exploration ability. The FGPMGA can also reduce the optimization time. Then the FGPMGA and the body of revolution finite-difference time-domain (BOR-FDTD) are combined to achieve an automated design process for conical corrugated-horn antenna. Numerical simulation results show that the horn antenna has good impedance matching (the VSWR is less than 1.5), stable beamwidth and gain, as well as good rotation symmetry patterns over the whole band 8~13 GHz.
2. Jian, , L., , G. Xu, J. Song, H. Xue, D. Zhao, and J. Liang, "Optimum design for improving modulating-effect of coaxial magnetic gear using response surface methodology and genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, 297-312, 2011.
3. Zhu, , X., , W. Shao, J. L. Li, and Y. Dong, "Design and optimization of low RCS patch antennas based on a genetic algorithm," Progress n Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 327-339, 2012.
4. Yu, , X. H., L. Wang, H. G. Wang, X. D. Wu, and Y. H. Shang, "A novel multiport matching method for maximum capacity of an indoor mimo system ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 130, 67-84, 2012.
5. Dai, , G. L. , M. Y. Xia, and , "Design and optimization of a compact wideband hat-fed re°ector antenna for satellite communications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 1, 125-133, 2013.
6. Watanabe, , Y., , K. Watanabe, and H. Igarashi, , "Optimization of meander line antenna considering coupling between nonlinear circuit and electromagnetic waves for UHF-band RFID," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 47, No. 5, 1506-1509, 2011.
7. Wang, H., , X. Tang, Y. Liu, and Y. Cao, "Analysis and design of ultra-wideband power divider by micro-genetic algorithm ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 10, 1349-1349, 2012.
8. Lizzi, , L., , G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "A time-domain approach to the synthesis of UWB antenna systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 557-575, 2012.
9. Weng, W. C. , C. L. Hung, and , "Design and optimization of a logo-type antenna for multiband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 159-174, 2012.
10. Liu, , D., , Q. Y. Feng, W. B. Wang, and X. Yu, "Synthesis of unequally spaced antenna arrays by using inheritance learning particle swarm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 205-221, 2011.
11. Zaharis, , Z. D., , K. A. Gotsis, and J. N. Sahalos, "Adaptive beamforming with low side lobe level using neural networks trained by mutated boolean PSO," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 139-154, 2012.
12. Mallipeddi, , R., , J. P. Lie, P. N. Suganthan, S. G. Razul, and C. M. S. See, "A differential evolution approach for robust adaptive beamforming based on joint estimation of look direction and array geometry," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 394-394, 2011.
13. Chang, , L., , C. Liao, W. B. Lin, L. L. Chen, and X. Zheng, "A hybrid method based on differential evolution and continuous ant colony optimization and its application on wideband antenna design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 105-118, 2012.
14. Mandal, , A., , H. Zafar, S. Das, and A. Vasilakos, "A modifified differential evolution algorithm for shaped beam linear array antenna design," rogress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 125, 439-457, 2012.