A transparent monopole antenna operating at 2.30 GHz is presented in this paper. The radiating element and ground plane are both designed using AgHT-4, while the substrate is made of glass. The simulated and measured impedance bandwidths (BWs) are 41.89% (2.00-3.06 GHz) and 90.91% (1.5-4.00 GHz), respectively. These results were obtained by using a suitable arc-shape slot on the ground plane; and the BWs cover the IEEE 802.16e standard for WiMAX application in the 2.30 GHz band. The gain of proposed antenna is 3.16 dBi, and there is close agreement between measurement and simulation results, in terms of return loss and radiation patterns.
2. Wu, M.-S. and K. Ito, "Basic study on see-through microstrip antennas constructed on a window glass," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, AP-S. 1992 Digest, Held in Conjuction with: URSI Radio Science, Vol. 1, 499-502, 1992..
3. Simons, , R. N. , R. Q. Lee, and , "Feasibility study of optically transparent microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1997 Digest,, Vol. 4, 2100-2103, 1997.
4. Song, H. J., "Challenges in glass integrated optically transparent antennas," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), , 2011.
5. Turpin, T. W. , R. Baktur, and , "Meshed patch antennas integrated on solar cells," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,, Vol. 8, 693-696, 2009.
6. Kawashima, T., , H. Matsui, and N. Tanabe, "New transparent conductive films: FTO coated ITO," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 445, 241-244, 2003.
7. Song, , H. J., , T. Y. Hsu, D. F. Sievenpiper, H. P. Hsu, J. H. Schaffner, and E. Yasan, , "A method for improving the e±ciency of transparent film antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 753-756, 2008.
8. Teng, , X. Y., X.-M. Zhang, Z. X. Yang, Y. Wang, Y. Li, Q. F. Dai, and Z. Zhang, "A compact CPW-fed omni-directional monopole antenna for WLAN and RFID applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 32, 91-99, 2012.
9. Xie, , J.-J., Y.-Z. Yin, S.-L. Pan, and L. Sun, "A novel circular slot antenna with two pairs of T-shaped slots for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters , Vol. 32, 49-57, 2012.
10. Kang, , L., , Y.-Z. Yin, H. Li, W.-J. Huang, and S.-F. Zheng, "Dual-wideband symmetrical G-shaped slotted monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,, Vol. 17, 55-65, 2010.
11. Ng Mou Kehn, , M., "Spherical slotted antenna coated with double layyer of materials having combinations of singly and doubly negative parameters and consequences of mode resonance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 45, 223-249, 2012.
12. Wang, , M.-Z. , F.-S. Zhang, and Z., "A circular polarized elliptical-ring slot antenna using and L-shaped coupling strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,, Vol. 35, 29-35, 2012.
13. Sagnard, , F., "A compact coplanar braodband rectangular slot antenna with E-shaped feeding structure for GPR applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 241-260, 2012..
14. Joseph, , R. and T. Fukusako, "Bandwidth enhancement of circularly polarized square slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 29, 233-250, 2011.
15. Sog, , K., , Y.-Z. Yin, B. Chen, S.-T. Fan, and F. Gao, "Bandwidth enhancement design of compact UWB step-slot antenna with rotated patch," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,, Vol. 22, 39-45, 2011.
16. Alam, , M. S., , M. T. Islam, and N. Misran, "A novel compact split ring slotted electromagnetic bandgap structure for microstrip patch antenna performance enhancement," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 130, 389-409, 2012.
17. Cheng, , Y. J., , "Substrate integrated waveguide frequency-agile slot antenna and its multibeam application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 130, 153-168, 2012.
18. Chen, Z., Y.-L. Ban, J.-H. Chen, J. L.-W. Li, and Y.-J. Wu, "Bandwidth enhancement of LTE/WWAN printed mobile phone antenna using slotted ground structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 129, 469-483, 2012.
19. Yasin, T., R. Baktur, and C. Furse, "A study on the e±ciency of transparent patch antennas designed from conductive oxide films," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 3085-3087, 2011.
20. Yasin, , T., , R. Baktur, and C. Furse, "A comparative study on two types of transparent patch antennas," 2011 XXXth URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium,, 1-4, 2011..
21. Kasabegoudar, , V. G. and A. Kumar, "Dual band coplanar capacitive coupled microstrip antennas with and without air gap for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 36, 105-117, 2013.
22. Benmeddour, , F., , C. Dumond, F. Benabdelaziz, and F. Bouttout, "Improving the performances of a high TC superconducting circular microstrip antenna with multilayered configuration and anisotropic dielectrics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 18, 169-183, 2011..