This paper presents herein experiments and calculations of electromagnetic induction between jointless track circuits (JTCs) and track-circuit readers (TCRs). The paper uses transmission-line theory to simulate JTC currents ahead of shunt points and electromagnetism to calculate voltages induced in the TCR antenna. Based on these calculations, the JTC-to-TCR range is defined. The paper derives expressions for the amplitude and phase of the voltage induced in the TCR antenna by the JTC current and uses them to quantitatively analyze the train control system. Experiments verify the conclusions reached based on the calculations.
2. Hill, R. J. and D. C. Carpenter, "Rail track distributed transmission line impedance and admittance: Theoretical modelling and experimental results," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 42, No. 4, 225-541, 1993.
3. Bebova, S., "Model of a laser-frequency measuring device," IEEE International Symposium on Electronics, 639-642, 1998.
4. Chen, , Y. S. and L. A. Chen, "Semi diagonal matrix method of finite elements for calculation of track circuit," Journal of the China Railway Soc., Vol. 21, No. 6, 54-57, 1999.
5. Zhao, H. B. and Y. Z. Zhang, "Study on some problems of track circuit with compensating capacitors," Journal of the China Railway Soc., Vol. 20, No. 4, 77-81, 1998.
6. Gao, , S. B., , T. Tao, Z. Y. Hou, and Y. Ruan, "The adaptability analysis of jointless track circuit for ballastless track," Electric Railway, 2006.
7. Zhao, , L. H., , Y. K. Ran, and J. C. Mu, , "A comprehensive fault diagnosis method for jointless track circuit based on genetic algorithm," China Railway Science, Vol. 31, No. 3, 107-114, 2010..
8. Zhao, , L. H. and J. C. Mu, "Fault diagnosis method for jointless track circuit based on AOK-TFR," Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, Vol. 46, No. 1, 85-91, 2011.
9. Zhao, L. H., , B. G. Cai, K. M. Qiu, and S. Q. Lv, "The method of diagnosis of compensation capacitor failures with jointless track circuits based on HHT and DBWT," Journal of the China Railway Soc., Vol. 33, , No. 3, 49-54, 2011.
10. Su, , J., , D. Y. Jiang, and P. X. Du, "The dynamic test method on track circuits," Application of Electron Technique, Vol. 32, No. 11, 7-10, 2006.
11. Zhao, , L. H., J. P. Wu, and Y. K. Ran, "Fault diagnosis for track circuit using AOK-TFRs and AGA," Control. Eng. Practice, Vol. 20, No. 12, 1270-1280, 2012..
12. Qiu, K. M., JT1-CZ2000 Type Cab Signal On-board System, China Railway Press, Beijing, 2007.
13. Fei, , X. K., Principle and Analysis of Jointless Track Circuit, China Railway Press, Beijing, 1993.
14. Bryleyev, A. M., Analysis and Synthesis of Track Circuit, China Railway Press, Beijing, 1981.
15. Liu, Y., L. Tong, W. H. Zhu, Y. Tian, and B. Gao, "Impedance measurements of nonuniform transmission lines in time domain using an improved recursive multiple reflection computation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 149-164, 2011.
16. Cao, , W. Q., N. B. Zhang, J. A. Liu, B. T. Yu, S. D. Guo and Y. Wei, "Novel phase-shifting characteristic of CRLH TL and its application in the design of dual-band dual-mode dual-polarization antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 375-390, 2012.
17. Attiya, A. M., "Lower frequency limit of carbon nanotube antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 419-433, 2009.
18. Torrungrueng, , D., S. Lamultree, and , "Equivalent graphical solutions of terminated conjugately characteristic impedance transmission lines with non-negative and corresponding negative characteristic resistances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 137-151, 2009.
19. Lin, , X. Q., P. Su, Y. Fan, and B. Z. Zhu, "Improved CRLH-TL with arbitrary characteristic impedance and its application in hybrid ring design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 249-263, 2012.
20. Silapunt, R. and D. Torrrungruneng, "Theoretical study of microwave transistor amplifier design in the conjugately characteristic-impedance transmission line (CCITL) system using a bilinear transformation approach ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 226-309, 2011.
21. China Ministry of Railway, "General rules for China train control system technical specfication,", No. 14, 2004.
22. Wei, , H. Y. and M. Soleimani, "Two-phase low conductivity °ow imaging using magnetic induction tomography," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 99-115, 2012.
23. Kalhor, H. A., "The degree of intelligence of the law of Biot-Savart," IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol. 33, No. 4, 365-366, 1990.
24. Azpurua, , M. A., "A semi-analytical method for the design of coil-systems for homogeneous magneto-static field generation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,, Vol. 37, 171-189, 2012.
25. Cabanas, , M. F., , F. Pedrayes, M. G. Melero, C. H. Rojas, G. A. Orcajo, J. M. Cano, and J. G. Norniella, "Insulation fault diagnosis in high voltage power transformers by means of leakage flux analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 211-234, 2011.
26. Ravaud, R., G. Lemarquand, and V. Lemarquand, "Mutual inductance and force exerted between thick coils," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 367-380, 2010..
27. Rui, , C. M., "Mutual-inductance between two square loops with the same axis and size," Journal of Wuhan Institute of Technology, Vol. 29, No. 4, 90-92, 2007.
28. Witzel, J., "Faraday's law and nonconservative fields," IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine,, Vol. 8, No. 1, 50-51, 2005.
29. Xie, H., , J. Wang, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "Study of loss effect of transmission lines and validity of a spice model in electromagnetic topology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 89-103, 2009.
30. Eibert, , T. F., , Y. Weitsch, H. Chen, and E. M. Gruber, , "Solving periodic eigenproblems by solving corresponding excitation problems in the domain of the eigenvalue," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 126, 65-84, 2012.