An original target identification method using Wave-Coefficients (WCs) as feature vector is proposed. The scattering fields of arbitrary shaped targets are expressed as a sum of spherical waves and the distinctive coefficients are exploited as the target feature. Decision rule based on correlation coefficient is established, and some analyses on the properties of the WCs are conducted. Numerical simulations of four targets are carried out and the recognition performances without and with noise are provided and discussed.
2. Du, , L., , H. W. Liu, Z. Bao, and M. D. Xing, , "Radar HRRP target recognition based on higher order spectra," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 53, No. 7, 2359-2368, 2005..
3. Liu, , H. W. , Z. Bao, and , "Radar HRR profiles recognition based on SVM with power-transformed-correlation kernel," Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 531-536, 2004..
4. Han, S. K. and H. T. Kim, "Effcient radar target recognition using a combination of range profie and time-frequency analysis," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 108, 131-140, 2010.
5. Kim, , K. T., , D. K. Seo, and H. T. Kim, , "Effcient radar target recognition using the MUSIC algorithm and invariant feature," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 3, 325-337, 2002.
6. Zhao, , Q., J. C. Principle, and , "Support vector machines for SAR automatic target recognition," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 37, No. 2, 643-654, 2001.
7. Huan, R. H. , Y. Pan, and , "Target recognition for multi-aspect SAR images with fusion strategies," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 134, 267-288, 2013.
8. Chang, , Y. L., , C. Y. Chiang, and K. S. Chen, , "SAR image simulation with application to target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 119, 35-57, 2011.
9. Zhai, Y., , J. Li, J. Gan, and Z. Ying, "A multi-scale local phase quantization plus biomimetic pattern recognition method for SAR automatic target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 135, 105-122, 2013.
10. Park, , S.-H., , J.-H. Lee, and K.-T. Kim, , "Performance analysis of the scenario-based construction method for real target ISAR recognition," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 128, 137-151, 2012.
11. Park, , J. I. , K. T. Kim, and , "A comparative study on ISAR imaging algorithm for radar target identification," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 108, 155-175, 2010.
12. Baum, , C. E., , E. J. Rothwell, K. M. Chen, and D. P. Nyquist, "The singularity expansion method and its application to target identification," IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 79, No. 10, 1481-1491, 1991.
13. Wang, , S. G., , X. P. Guan, X. Y. Ma, D. W. Wang, and Y. Su, "Calculating the poles of complex radar target," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2065-2076, 2006.
14. Lui, , H. S., N. Shuley, and , "Radar target identification using a `Banded' E-pulse technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 12, 3874-3881, 2006.
15. Lee, J. H., , S. W. Cho, S. H. Park, and K. T. Kim, "Performance analysis of radar target recognition using natural frequency: frequency domain approach," Progress In Electromagnetic Research,, Vol. 132, 315-345, 2012.
16. Morales, , J. D., , D. Blanco, D. P. Ruiz, and M. C. Carrion, , "Radar-target identi¯cation via exponential extinction-pulse synthesis," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 7, 2064-2072, 2007.
17. Huang, , C. W. , K. C. Lee, and , "Application of ICA technique to PCA based radar target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 105, 157-170, 2010.
18. Jiang, , X. M., S. Q. Jia, and M. Y. Xia, "Reconstruction of scattering ¯elds using wave-mode coe±cients for 2D conducting targets," Cross Strait Quad-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference, 64-67, 2011.
19. Jiang, , X. M. , M. Y. Xia, and , "A study of wave coe±cients as target signature for identification," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, , 2012..
20. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory,, 1st Ed., 664, Mc Graw-Hill, 1941..