The Wave Iterative Process is applied and validated for the study of the scattering of a plane wave by a multiple metallic dipole diffraction structure. The case of a single metallic dipole is treated, at first in normal incidence, than arbitrarily placed with respect to the incident wave. A double dipole scattering structure is studied, mutual influence being taken into account. The diffraction system is further enlarged to 5 randomly placed dipoles, the results issued from the WIP study being compared with those given by the Moments Method. Finally, the possibility of taking into account a very large number of dipoles is examined, by introducing an equivalent dipole distribution. The influence of this approximation on the WIP precision is presented.
2. Azizi, , M., , M. Boussouis, H. Aubert, and H. Baudrand, "A three-dimensional analysis of planar discontinuities by an iterative method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 13, No. 6, 372-376, 1996..
3. Sboui, , N., , A. Gharsallah, A. Gharbi, and H. Baudrand, "Global modelling of microwave active circuits by an effcient iterative procedure ," IEE Proceedings Microwave and Antennas Propagation, Vol. 148, No. 3, 209-212, 2001.
4. Wane, , S., D. Bajon, H. Baudrand, and P. Gamand, , "A new full-wave hybrid differential-integral approach for the investigation of multilayer structures including nonuniformly doped diffusions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 1, 200-214, 2005.
5. Hajlaoui, E. A., , E. A., , H. Trabelsi, H. Zairi, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "Analysis of multilayer substrates by multilayer contribution of wave concept iterative process," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 1439-1445, 2007..
6. N'Gongo, , R. S., H. Baudrand, and , "A new approach for microstrip active antennas using modal F.F.T-algorithm," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Int. Symp., Vol. 3, 1700-1703, , 1999.
7. Richalot, , E., M. , F. Wong, H. Baudrand, and V. Fouad-Hanna, "Modeling of arbitrary shaped radiating structures by the wave concept iterative process ," 2000 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 1, 113-116, 2000..
8. D'Assuncao, Jr., A. G., , G. Fontgalland, M. Titaouine, H. Baudrand, D. N. Meireles, and A. G. Neto, "Analysis of tapered micostrip patch antenna by the wave concept iterative procedure," Proc. of 2009 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & Optoelectronics Conference (IMOC 2009), , 62-66, 2009.
9. Wang, Y., , Y. J. Xie, and H. Feng, "Analysis of cylindrically conformal microstrip structures using an iterative method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 87, 215-231, 2008.
10. Houaneb, , H. Zairi, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, H. Zairi, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "Modeling of cylindrical resonators by wave concept iterative process in cylindrical coordinates," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 24, No. 2, 123-131, 24, No. .
11. Titaouine, , M., , A. G. Neto, H. Baudrand, and F. Djahli, "Analysis of frequency selective surface on isotropic/anisotropic layers using WCIP method," ETRI Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1, 36-44, 2007..
12. Titaouine, , M., , A. G. Neto, H. Baudrand, and F. Djahli, "Determination of metallic ring FSS scattering characteristics using WCIP method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters , Vol. 50, No. 5, 1324-1328, 2008.
13. Costa, , F., , S. Genovesi, and A. Monorchio, "A frequency selective absorbing ground plane for low-RCS microstrip antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 126, 317-332, 2012.
14. Su, , J., X.-W. Xu, M. He, and K. Zhang, "Integral-equation analysis of frequency selective surfaces using Ewald transformation and lattice symmetry," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 249-269, 2011.
15. Jandieri, V., , K. Yasumoto, and Y.-K. Cho, "Rigorous analysis of electromagnetic scattering by cylindrical EBG structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 317, 317-342, 2011.
16. Alhzzoury, , A. I., , N. Raveu, O. Pigaglio, H. Baudrand, and K. Al-Abdullah, "WCIP applied to substrate integrated waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,, Vol. 33, 171-184, 2012.
17. Zhang, , Q.-L., , W.-Y. Yin, S. He, and L.-S. Wu, , "Evanescent-mode substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filters implemented with complementary split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 419-432, 2011.
18. Baudrand, , H., , M. Titaouine, N. Raveu, and G. Fontgland, "Electromagnetic modeling of planar almost periodic structures," Proc. of 2009 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microw. & Optoelectronics Conference (IMOC 2009), 427-431, 2009.
19. Kusiek, , A., , R. Lech, and J. Mazur, , "Analysis of electromagnetic plane wave scattering from 2-D periodic arrangements of posts," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 69-90, 2012.
20. Xiao, , K., , F. Zhao, S.-L. Chai, J.-J. Mao, and J. L.-W. Li, "Scattering analysis of periodic arrays using combined CBF/P-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 131-146, 2011.
21. Cohen, L., , L., , R. S. N'Gongo, R. Garcia, and H. Baudrand, "Equivalent impedance boundary conditions for refined meshes applied to planar circuits," IEE Proc. -- Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 150, No. 4, 237-243, 2003.
22. Zairi, , H., , A. Gharsallah, A. Gharbi, and H. Baudrand, , "Analysis of planar circuits using a multigrid iterative method," IEE Proc. | Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 153, No. 3, 236-236, 2006.
23. Baudrand, , H., , N. Raveu, N. Sboui, and G. Fontgalland, "Applications of multiscale waves concept iterative procedure Proc. of 2007 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microw. & Optoelectronics Conference (IMOC 2007),", 749-752, 2007.
24. Raveu, , N., , G. Prigent, O. Pigaglio, and H. Baudrand, "Different spectral scale level in the wave concept iterative procedure to solve multi-scale problems," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, No. 9, 1247-1255, 2010.
25. Lucanu, N., I. V. Pletea, I. Bogdan, and H. Baudrand, "Wave concept iterative method validation for 2D metallic obstacles scattering," Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 1, 9-14, 12, No. .
26. Zeid, , A. , H. Baudrand, and , "Electromagnetic scattering by metallic holes and its applications in microwave circuit design," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques,, Vol. 50, No. 4, 1198-1206, 2002.
27. Raveu, N., , T. P. Vuong, I. Terrasse, G.-P. Piau, and H. Baudrand, "Near fields evaluated with the wave concept iterative procedure method for an E-polarisation plane wave scattered by cylindrical strips ," Microw. and Optical Tech. Letters, Vol. 38, No. 5, 403 -406, 2003.
28. Ammar, , N., T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "Analysis of multilayered cylindrical structures using a full wave method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 425-438, 2008.
29. Raveu, , N., , O. Pigaglio, G. Prigent, and H. Baudrand, "Improvement in the wave concept iterative procedure through spectral connection," Proceedings of the 37th European Microwave Conference, 28-31, 2007.
30. Raveu, N. and H. Baudrand, "Improvement of the WCIP convergence," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium APSURSI'09, 1-4, 2009.
31. Raveu, , N., , L. Giraud, and H. Baudrand, , "WCIP acceleration," Proc. Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2010, 971-974, 2010.
32. Zugari, , A., , M. Khalladi, M. Iben Yaich, N. Raveu, and H. Bau-drand, "New approach: WCIP and FDTLM hybridization," Proc. of 2009 Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), 1-4, 2009.
33. Girard, C., , N. Raveu, S. Lanteri, and R. Perrussel, "1D WCIP and FEM hybridization," Proc. 7th European Conference on Numerical Methods in Electromagnetism NUMELEC 2012, 74-75, 2012.
34. Harrington, , R., , Applications of the Method of Moments to Electromagnetic Fields, , Cap. I, SCEEE Press, 1980.
35. Harrington, , R., , Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields,, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2001.
36. Jafri, , A. D. U., Q. A. Naqvi, A. A. Syed, and K. Hongo, "Scattering of an arbitrarily oriented dipole field by a circular disk with surface impedance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 132, 403-424, 132, 403.
37. Alvarez Folgueiras, M., J. A. Rodriguez-Gonzalez, and F. J. Ares-Pena, "Experimental results on a planar array of parasitic dipoles FED by one active element," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 369-377, 2011.